Best Resources for Last-Minute Reward Travel Searching?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by tzoom84, Dec 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. tzoom84
    Original Member

tzoom84 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone!

I expect I'll be getting a bit antsy over the holidays and would like to do some traveling. I live in NJ and am open to any type of travel between Dec 26 and Dec 31. Naturally, thats a super-peak season, but I suspect there must be SOME type of decent reward travel available?

So far I've just been going to the sites and manually searching. For example, I found a PHL-LAS reward with soutwest at about 18,000 roundtrip which isn't bad given the season. But it's a rather tedious process.

Any resources/sites/tips you can recommend to help me identify some key deals?

Thanks and happy holidays!

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Focus on the relatively low travel days. Think of routes where there's competition from a LCC or destinations that are generally cheap. At this time of year, avoid both warm places and ski areas. (Think flat and cold.) I prefer to search using the websites (which I already know how to use) of favorite carriers directly. YMMV.

edekba likes this.
  3. tzoom84
    Original Member

tzoom84 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tips. Usually when doing reward searches I have a place in mind and need to ID the best carrier, and route, but and date. So I'll need to be more open in my searching