Best Rate guarantee

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Leonardo85, Mar 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Leonardo85

Leonardo85 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello :)

i´ve got just one question about the best rate guarantee...

where do i have to call to use the best rate guarantee ?
    Directly to the Hotel (for example : Grand Hyatt Berlin) or the Goldpassport -Team or ?!?

2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Leonardo85

Leonardo85 Silver Member

Status Points:
    another question about the best rate guarantee:

when do i have to pay the rate, if it is successful, ?

is it prepaid or at check-out ?

4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    It depends on the type of rate you book under. Per the terms you can do a price match on a prepaid Hyatt.com stay:
    If you have already booked a prepaid stay on Hyatt.com, and find a Competing Rate that meets the Guarantee terms and conditions set forth here, then Hyatt will refund the full amount originally charged to your credit card for the rate booked on Hyatt.com and charge the full stay based on the new rate to your credit card.

Generally all hotel reservations require a credit card to book, but few unless clearly stated are prepaid rates, most use the credit card to guarantee their first night if you don't show up. When you are booking there should be a rate details or terms and conditions that explain how your booking works.

5. dc_traveler
    Original Member

dc_traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd be curious to hear what others think of the Hyatt Best Rate Guarantee. I have found that it works off and on; when Hyatt's customer service folks accepts the competing web site as qualifying, the discount is really great, but sometimes (like today) the representative states that the competing web site doesn't qualify because of something in the other web site's terms. The success rate I have had with Starwood is much higher (although the 20 percent discount Hyatt offers is more attractive than the 2000 points (or 10 percent) that Starwood offers).