Best place for Afternoon tea in London, announced

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by rwoman, Mar 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Best place for Afternoon tea in London, announced

I have not done an afternoon tea in London...definitely curious on what others thoughts are.
    :)

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    London is the spiritual home of the afternoon tea, have not thought about the Athenaeum hotel. On a side note: On the 25th of december 2011 we enjoyed christmas afternoon tea @ The Merrion Hotel Dublin, and I cannot help myself and remember the collection of marzipan snowmen on our plate all wearing sun glasses!;)

rwoman likes this.
  3. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting to know, when I researched this issue prior to my trip to London this past October, I read about this Hotel's great tea service then, however the most recommended places for such a traditional English fare were at the Ritz Hotel and at the Dorchester. I enjoyed both, and was glad to secure a seating at the Ritz, the most popular place that I found. Reservations are mandatory and be aware that it is usually booked solid well in advance. At the Dorchester it was not that hard to get a seating, in any case they were well worth it!

uggboy and rwoman like this.
  4. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was Afternoon Tea at the Ritz worth it? We are staying at the Waldorf Hilton and they look like they put on a pretty elegant afternoon tea. Any thoughts on either?