Best Pizza in Florence

Discussion in 'Europe' started by NileGuide, Jul 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizza. Pasta. Bistecca. All token dishes you can find in Florence. Pizza can be seen around every corner, from a pizzeria or pizza a taglio (pizza by the slice). Now there are many pizzerie(pizzerias) in the center of Florence who all say their pizza is the best. Alas it is hard to know which one is the best being a visitor in the city. I have put together a list of the best pizzerie and ones I find to be the best as well.

Pizza by Enzino

Pizzeria del Caffe` Italiano is known as the most famous within the city walls. Enzino is the man who makes these pizza pies. Baked in a wooden oven, with a high crust and only 3 options. Margherita, Napoli and Marinara. Each pizza is 8 euros. Be prepared for a wait. You can’t make a reservation at this pizzeria. So when you arrive you write your name, how many are in your party and wait outside until he calls your name. There are only 5 tables in the tiny pizzeria, why you ask? Well Enzino is the only one who prepares these delicious pizze (pizzas). Next door is Osteria del Caffè Italiano (which is the same owner of the pizzeria)where you can enjoy a very elegant Tuscan meal as well. You will know you are there when you see the line of people outside.
    Osteria del Caffè Italiano
    Via dell’Isola delle Stinche 11/13r
    Pizza in Borgo Antico
    Borgo Antico overlooks the enchanting and lively Piazza Santo Spirito. A piazza that comes to life at night. The atmosphere around Borgo Antico brings out the spirit of the Oltrarno. During the weeknights the place is pretty laid-back but on the weekends you might have to wait a bit. Especially in the summer. You can also take pizzas to go which is something I usually do if I don’t feel like sitting in a busy restaurant. Take your pizza to the steps of the Church of Santo Spirito or sit in front of the Palazzo Pitti. The staff is very kind and very fast in bringing you your steaming hot, fresh pizza. My favorite pizza I always enjoy here is Bianca alle zucchine e pecorino (White pizza with zucchini and pecorino cheese). Buonissima!!
    Ristorante Borgo Antico
    Piazza Santo Spirito, 6/R
    Tel. +39 055 210437
    Pizza Man, a must try!
    Pizza Man is the last but not least. Pizza Man first opened in Florence in 2001 on Viale de Amicis and it has been thriving ever since. Pasquale Pometta is the main behind the vision of “The Pizza” Pizza Man is now an established brand in the city of Florence. It is considered as one of Italy’s most famous pizzerias and being appreciated by all for its typical Neapolitan pizza. You can also enjoy starters, first courses of pasta and salads and desserts. All the products are made fresh daily. Their motto says it all, “I MIGLIORI INGREDIENTI PER IL MASSIMO PIACERE”(THE BEST INGREDIENTS FOR THE ULTIMATE PLEASURE). Go to their website to find a Pizza Man near you and your hotel. If not take a taxi to one, you won’t regret it. Enjoy!
    Photo credit: Osteria dell Caffe Italiano, Borgo Antico, Pizza Man.

Continue reading...