Best OW lounge in DFW?

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by zpaul, Nov 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have an upcoming 7-hour layover in DFW with access to all OW lounges based on COS. While I have always just done a tour of the ACs in the different terminals, is there any reason to try out the BA and QF lounges? Are there any others I'm missing?

dc_traveler likes this.
  2. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not exactly related but if you have Amex plat then dfw centurion lounge at dfw is best of all :)

Mikus33, zpaul, dc_traveler and 3 others like this.
  3. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    +2 to the DFW Centurion Lounge if you have AMEX Plat.

4. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    The DFW Admirals clubs are OK, nothing special. I only go there lately if I need an AAngel. I've not tried any of the other OW clubs.

+3 on the Centurion Lounge for Amex Plat. I was waffling on keeping the card next year, now, not so much :) Best club at DFW that I've used.

Other than that I've been using The Club at DFW (Priority Pass).

zpaul, dc_traveler and Sammich like this.
  5. dc_traveler
    Original Member

dc_traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with the above. I was at DFW briefly today and stopped by the Admirals Club to get help with a ticket but then went to the Amex Centurion lounge. It's free with Amex Plat; I think it's $50 if you have some other Amex card. For a long layover like yours, it might even be worth the $50 -- the quality of the included food and drinks is far better than any domestic lounge (though I haven't been to BA or QF in DFW). Here's a link for more info: http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW/about

zpaul likes this.
  6. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are no QF/BA lounges in DFW. There is a third party lounge that provides access to pax of BA and QF, which I understand operates a First room for BA flights (none needed for QFs sole flight).
    From all reports it is a fairly rudimentary lounge.

I also believe that as this is a third-party lounge, oneworld COS benefits don't apply.

zpaul likes this.
  7. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where did you end up camping out?

zpaul and Sammich like this.
  8. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depends on what you want:
    Showers - A AC
    View - D AC
    Food/beverage - Centurion lounge (not OW)

9. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I toured the ACs (mainly A and D since I have a dirty habit), and did enter the BA/QF lounges, but they weren't very good. And my Chilean AmEx Platinum card didn't get me into the Centurion Lounge.

10. impsycho

impsycho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Centurion Lounge for Amex Plat and Admirals Club in Terminal D

11. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've only visited the AA AC lounges at DFW, and I'd say stick with the other suggestions above. If you do venture into AA territory, note that clubs in terminals A and D have smoking rooms (if you smoke, great; if not, others have complained about the smell so you know to avoid it). Food is microwaved and mediocre, but the bartenders are always extremely accommodating. The A terminal club has a tendency to over pour alcohol from my experience. D club has a nicer layout in my opinion.

12. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup, that is where I will be on Fri as I have a 4-ish hr layover...

13. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only real OW lounges are the 4 AA AC's. D is likely the best. Term A, C, D AC's all have showers, but as pointed out A has the side jets and rain fall overhead. Term A used to be the international term before D. D is newest. For bar area, I like Term C the best, however.

But for the QF lounge - 3rd party - since it is not a OW club you have to be on the QF flight to use. But it does had good food offerings. Soups, salads, sandwiches, entre dishes, self pour wine, order/served cocktails. While the lounge has multiple rooms - the interconnected rooms are open for the QF flight in the evening.

I flew the QF flight 2 months ago and the food offerings were almost as good as the OW J or F lounge at LAX for example.

But for OW you only have AA lounges which don't really have any food - except food for purchase.