Best Niagara Falls Hotel

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by webdes03, May 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My girlfriend and I are going to Buffalo in August and we were planning to spend a night at the falls. She's been to the falls a couple times as a child, but never stayed overnight, and I've never been. We thought we'd do the stereotypical "date night" at the falls and stay overnight. I've noticed that the Sheraton, Hilton and Oaks Hotel all claim to have "the best view", but I figured I'd solicit recommendations from my fellow travelers here to see if anyone has had good/bad/indifferent experiences, and if you'd recommend a specific hotel. I'm primarily a Starwood guy now, but I still have Hilton Silver status from 'back in the day', so those would be my two preferred from a points/mileage accrual perspective.

Any suggestions?

2. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent plan you will enjoy their very much so no dough. And this time i book so next time i ll also plan to visit their.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    The best views are on the Canadian side --- a few years ago we stayed at the Doubletree -- booked a room on the ground level on the side away from the falls and because I had status with them, got upgraded to a room much higher up on the falls side and watched the fireworks from the comfort of our room.

Bob H

4. JoeCortez

JoeCortez Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with Bob - The Canada side has the better views than the American side. Just make sure you have your valid passports, otherwise they won't let you cross over to the Canadian side.

Last time I stayed in a fallsview room, I stayed at the Embassy Suites on the Canadian side. You'll pay out the nose in parking, but the view is arguably one of the best. The Embassy Suites and the Marriott at the end of Fallsview Blvd. are physically closest to the falls, so you might want to look there.

Also, if you're not as concerned about points, you can usually get a better deal directly from the Embassy Suites - get on their mailing list; they usually send out discouts and bonus offers throughout the year. And at the Hilton, I didn't get the base points for the room not booked at Hilton.com, but I did get credit for the stay, plus points on everything I charged to my room. YPMV.

I do have a special love for Niagara and Niagara-On-The-Lake. Enjoy yourself while you're out there!

5. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed in Sheraton hotel several times once in the summer and another time in the winter and both times we had the view of the Niagara Falls. Personally, I preferred the winter, because it's off season. While checking in, the front desk staff told me that there were only 10 rooms occupied in the hotel, so they gave us the room with a view for $99 dollars (this was about a decade ago.) Finally, you don't have to fight the crowd to get the best view of the Falls. And the massive ice around the Falls were spectacular.

JoeCortez likes this.