Best NAF card for hotel/airline points/miles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by servo, Sep 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking for a good qualify NAF card that will earn me miles or points for either PC, Hilton, AA, US, or UA. My best guess from my research is the HHonors AmEx. I've got a Blue Sky card, but realized after getting it that they aren't MR points, they're MR Express points, which aren't transferable to travel partners. The AmEx also offers the small business $25 statement credit annually, which I value. Are there any others?

I know that the Chase Freedom is a good cash back card, but I would rather have the points/miles than the cash back, so I'll pass on that extra Chase app.

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Get the Freedom, as long as your have CSP or IB you can transfer UR points between accounts & thus into UA/PC/Hyatt/Marriott/etc/etc/etc

harvson3 likes this.
  3. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Chase Freedom is a great cash back card and can be a great UA and Hyatt card. You can accumulate a lot of Chase Ultimate Rewards (UR) points with the freedom card and with the Chase Sapphire Preferred card you can transfer your freedom points to your sapphire preferred UR account, and then transfer them to UA or Hyatt.

The freedom and sapphire preferred card is a great combo.

servo46250 and harvson3 like this.
  4. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. And the Freedom, CSP, and a Chase checking account is an even better combo.

cvarming and edekba like this.
  5. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    UA is probably the lowest on my list so far (as I haven't acquired but the 2k miles from signing up for MP Premium), but this makes sense. However, since I don't currently have any of those Chase cards (I only have PC Visa from Chase currently, and had Freedom in the past - I didn't really know what I had when I had it) I figured my next churn would include the UA 65k mile card and CSP, so that and having Freedom less than 2 years ago probably eliminates Freedom for a while. I really value Dividend Miles more than any other legacy mile (perhaps AA 2nd). My priority order would be:

US
    AA
    Hilton
    PC
    UA

at this point. UA will move up the list once I start acquiring their miles. Hence, why I was leaning toward the Hilton AmEx - unless there's a NAF card out there that transfers to US or AA. Is there any card that transfers at a decent rate to US? I know CSP xfers to UA 1:1, but haven't seen much about direct xfers to US.

6. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you mean CSP xfers to UA 1:1 ... not AA

Hilton HHonor is a great NAF card. 6pt for Markets/Pharmacies and access to AXON/GLON awards is its 2 great points to me.

servo46250 likes this.
  7. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, thank you. I was thinking SPG AmEx, when I typed AA.

8. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    In that case its 1:1.25 (if done in increments of 20k :) )

servo46250 likes this.