Best Milepoint Browser?

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by SuperKirby, Apr 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    What browser do you use for milepoint? I seem to have trouble posting on Safari whereas Firefox works better for me. Anyone else have a small issue with Safari and milepoint?

Cali94102, ThereseKhu and GoodBoy like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have lots of issues in a variety of browsers thanks to the excessively javascript-heavy client-side "features" they push out with the site. I've mostly resigned myself to them but it is quite annoying.

SuperKirby likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use mostly Chrome (Mac, Win7) and Safari (iPad). Generally no significant issues.

SuperKirby and GoodBoy like this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do not use Safari, but the site works just fine for me with IE, Firefox, Nightly (64-bit Firefox), or Chrome, especially after I made Gold member and started to enjoy the "Ads Be Gone" feature :D. Heck, even the milepoint app for DROID works just fine.

weevinweaver, SuperKirby and GoodBoy like this.
  5. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use Firefox with Adblock and No-Script plugins. So I'm blissfully unaware of any "features" other than user content. :)

6. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use Safari all the time. No issues here.

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ads aren't a problem for me (Gold status) but lots of the client-side scripting is a mess. The overhead involved is noticeable and the "features" they add are of questionable value. Alas, my repeated requests for a low-bandwidth/overhead version of the site continue to see no love.

SuperKirby likes this.
  8. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just in case you want to try this, the latest version of Adblock has the capability to selectively stop unwanted site elements from loading. It only takes a minor skill to correctly select the offending elements and nothing else, and the plugin will do the rest.

9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is the low-bandwidth/low overhead version important because you frequently use low-bandwidth network connections on a low-powered laptop (netbook, perhaps)? Because I don't really any issues on my machines and with my network connections.