Best Marriott in Denver

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by DrinkingCoffee, Apr 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. DrinkingCoffee

DrinkingCoffee Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be in Denver for the Easter weekend. Does anyone have a favorite Marriott? It will be a points stay, so price is not relevant.

2. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    The best Marriott is actually the JW Marriott in Cherry Creek IMO. You don't talk about location, so that's what I'm going with. There is great food, drink, and shopping to be had. it is a bit away from downtown, but the club is fabulous: free beer, wine, liquor. Breakfast is as good as what you'd find in a small buffet with three or four hots and all the fixins'. In the evening they have snacks and sweets, and drinks until around 10:00 or so. The rooms are clean and fairly modern, though the Internet speeds suck. If you've got more specs on location nor part of town please post...I've been in most full service Marriotts and this is the one I choose when I'm with family. I've been there over Thanksgiving and every time of the year...highly recommended.

3. DrinkingCoffee

Status Points:
    Thank you so much for your help. Is the club open on weekends? I am there for a Saturday/ Easter Sunday evening.

4. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I was there last in November, the club was open on weekends...always has been on more than 2 dozen stays over the last 8 years. The restaurant serves up a pretty good Thanksgiving Day feast...I'll bet they've got something going on Easter as well. Second Home is the name.

DrinkingCoffee likes this.
  5. T5campbell

T5campbell Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agree with the above JW Cherry Hills is the best.

DrinkingCoffee likes this.
  6. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just to be clear, it's Cherry Creek, not Cherry Hills (the latter is a very high-end neighborhood where a lot of athletes live).

Never stayed at the hotel, but have been around Cherry Creek a lot. Plenty of things to do around it, high-end mall across the street and plenty of other stores around the neighborhood. A taxi is about a 10-15 minute ride to downtown, a little longer to Denver Int'l Airport than to downtown Denver.

Aware the OP asked about Easter Weekend, posting for future reference.

7. DrinkingCoffee

Status Points:
    To update, I ended up staying at the Brown Palace. The hotel is beautiful, and the location is great, but I was disappointed in the service.

On a different note, I did not put two and two together that Easter was on 4/20. Being in downtown Denver on Easter (4/20) meant that I was staying two blocks from the biggest 420 rally in the world. I read that there were over 35,000 people at the rally, which made people watching quite interesting to say the least!

8. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Palace is cool, but weak on service IME. And you've got to deal with the real bad panhandling as you walk to/from LoDo. I'd still personally opt for JW but the Palace is a neat experience once.

9. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm at the JW now and there has been a change to their club offering, and a change to the negative. Beer, wine and spirits had been de gratis up until a month or so ago apparently. Now they range in cost...$4.00 - $5.00. Not huge to be sure, but still a downgrade. From what I can tell, rooms with club access sell for around $50.00 per night more. That's not worth it if I'm paying for it, though the breakfast offering is still very strong.

A positive change is that they apparently have a higher speed wifi option (free) for plats. When I stayed here last, the speed was dreadful. I mentioned it in a survey...good to see they responded.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014