Best Marriott category 5 (or less) ski resort

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by jpripcord, Nov 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jpripcord

jpripcord Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I'll have 2 category 5 certs this winter (Jan>April) and I would love to do a nice long weekend mini ski-vacation with my girlfriend.

I have a ton of points, so tacking on a 3rd night shouldn't be a problem, assuming there is availability.

I'm a very experienced skier, so i'm not looking to go to some rinky-dink mountain in the poconos. I'd be looking probably for somewhere in VT most likely, but would be willing to do an impromptu trip out west if there was a great hotel close to a good mountain that we could get a direct flight (on points) to in Utah/Colorado/etc.

Ideally the hotel would be less than 15 miles from the mountain, as I'm not really looking to drive a half hour each morning/evening.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed. I'm guessing though that the premier ski resorts are going to be cat 6 or 7 though, but hey, can't hurt to dream right?

USAF_Pride and alohastephen like this.
  2. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    FlyingFree and alohastephen like this.
  3. Not a big skier, but would assume Park City Marriott or Fairfield Inn Steamboat Springs would be good options.

USAF_Pride, ACMM and alohastephen like this.
  4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    hawkeye2 ... welcome to milePoint and thanks for your first post :)

5. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP

I've stayed here, but it is a category 6
    Breck