Best Luxury Hotels in China

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by MattWett, May 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. I am very new to this

thinking of going to
    Beijing and Shanghai

I am wondering about where to go in Beijing and Shanghai and suggestions for Hong Kong?

I am thinking of spending 500 dollars a night United States Currency

uggboy likes this.
  2. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Walddorf Astoria in Shanghai

brucewil and uggboy like this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Shanghai: Stay in Pudong on the Bund for touristy stuff. The suggested Waldorf=Astoria Shanghai on the Bund would be a great choice but every major hotel chain has at least one really nice property in the area.

Beijing: Make your destination Wangfujing and you'll be at walking distance to attractions like Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City . There is a brand new Waldorf=Astoria in Wangfujing where I intend to stay in December, and right across the street from the W=A is Hilton Wangfujing -- one of my very favorite Hilton properties. There are also other great hotels around there, like the Peninsula and a high-end Sofitel...

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    brucewil and uggboy like this.
  4. uggboy likes this.
  5. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    We just returned from both cities. The Waldorf on the Bund in Shanghai was beautiful. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Beijing. Very close to shopping, not much else. Get a club room if staying there. One of the nicest clubs we've seen. The food a drinks were great.

uggboy likes this.
  6. I really want to try the Mandarin Oriental Shanghai, Peninsular Hotel but only if Virtuoso. I really love the look of Four Seasons Beijing

7. antonov2015l

antonov2015l New Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I 've seen this Gothel online, very nice there.

8. adamefimoff2

adamefimoff2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I want to know this too

uggboy likes this.
  9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would be indeed nice to know more about luxury hotels in China, I hope that some members of MP can chime in and share their experiences here. Overall the content looks a little bit "too thin".

adamefimoff2 likes this.