Best Luxury Hotel Paris

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by AdamAlex, May 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

?

What is the best hotel in Paris ?

Poll closed Jun 6, 2013.
  1. Four Seasons Paris

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Le Bristol

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Mandarin Oriental

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Esprit St Germain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Shangri La Paris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. La Reserve Paris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Is a luxury hotel worth 1100 dollars a night ? My parents are not afraid of spending money but at 1100 dollars a night. I do wonder is it worth it ? I am looking at free internet , free spa (not including treatments) a pool, and a knowledgeable concierge ie one that can book hard to reach tables . That is close to sights and shopping. Also a great dining facility would be great with dego.

uggboy likes this.
  2. If anyone can give me advice it would be appreciated

3. Rom Sac
    Original Member

Rom Sac Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are a few 5 star "palace" hotels, including the George V. That's where I would start.

4. Rom Sac thank you , I am trying to ask will have a great time at these hotels. Is Paris a great city to see. Since London was so awful

5. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Part of traveling is getting the experience for yourself and making that determination of " Is Paris a great city". You obviously went to London and didn't like it. Many others would disagree with you but it's your experience that really matters. I for one enjoy Paris and have been there a couple of times but it is not high on my list to return to any time soon. For whatever reason I really like the feel of Zurich and have been there 3 or 4 times. Paris is a HUGE city with many free things to see. The best thing to know is, it is a city. The other nice thing is if you get to Paris and don't care for it, hop on a train and in a few hours you can be in Amsterdam or Barcelona or Zurich.

So is Paris a great city? I think it's worth a trip for you to find out!

6. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at George V or La Reserve

7. DavidO
    Original Member

DavidO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi AdamAlex, I've stayed at the George V twice, and it's a phenomenal hotel - some say it's the best hotel in the world - but it's not your only choice. I'm a fan of Le Meurice which is less expensive and better located for walking around the city. All of the hotels mentioned in the poll are members of Virtuoso, meaning that you can receive free amenities such as complimentary daily breakfast, room upgrades, and other perks just by using a Virtuoso travel consultant to make your booking.

Bonnie and uggboy like this.
  8. I am very worried about going to the USA or Paris and cannot go to both.

9. Yes with its world class spa Michelin 2 star dining pool, plush rooms, tapestries and Palace rating the George V makes other places look silly maybe except The Park Hyatt

10. thank you everyone, I think my sister in the USA is too busy to have me so I should fly Singapore Business to Paris right????

11. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you seen The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe?? Right by the arc de triomph, if not already obvious by the name, beautiful rooms/views and hotel facilities. It is a luxury hotel, and still quite expensive, but far less than the 1100 that your parents were considering spending, I would say around 600 dollars a night.

12. Maybe but its not a Palace Hotel nor virtuoso I was thinking Le Bristol because it has a three star venue

13. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Status Points:
    We stayed at the George V several years ago (6 or 7?). A one night stopover with AF on our way from the states to Shanghai! We loved every (too short) moment. All the services were exceptional. We were there Christmas Eve and wanted a simple (yes, and not outrageously $$) dinner nearby. The Concierge could not have been more patient and helpful. Sent us to Chez Andre, practically around the corner. Perfect in every way! The flower arrangements and decorations at the George V are magnificent...and over the top at Christmas! I believe we paid (AmEx FHR rate) about $650 US for a slightly above standard room.

14. I know The Le Meurice Hotel, and Dochester chain does really well for a chain. But I love pools being from Australia I use them all the time. Except winter, but if its way cheaper then I will consider it. But its in my opinion to cluttered.

15. seysey

seysey New Member

Status Points:
    i guess George V

16. DavidO,Bonnie,vishal150,TravelBear I am confirming with much discussion that my Asian Trip is getting booked this October for Spring next year I am going to the Opposite House, Four Seasons Hong Kong , Puli Hotel . Unless there are better hotels in the China. Thank You and Good Bye