Best lounge at NRT?

Discussion in 'NRT/HND/KIX/ITM/CTS/FUK | Japan Regional Airports' started by lycidas1, Feb 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. lycidas1

lycidas1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Short: What's the best lounge in NRT? Have *A Gold, Priority Pass, and Lounge Club, flying in Y.

Less short: Heading off to Kanazawa this week, SYD-SIN-NRT-KMQ (don't ask; it was booked for me). Was wondering which lounge is the "best" (priorities are free wifi, drink and food (in that order, unless the food is pretty awesome)). Couldn't find much useful information that was current. Also taking any Japan-related tips and tricks.

2. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    The ANA int departure lounge has good wifi and drink and average/bad food.

The ANA arrival/domestic lounge (before security!) has good showers, good wifi, average drink and nonexistent food.

Kanazawa is a great city with very good food :)

lycidas1 likes this.
  3. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    The United NRT intl Departure lounge has excellent beer (asahi on tap), good wifi (it reaches just beyond the lounge exit), decent snacks (but the spread is better if you feel like walking all the way down to the ANA lounge), nice views, and plentiful showers.

What airlines are you flying? If on AA and have Amex platinum, you can get into the admirals club lounge. They also have excellent beer on tap, and limited sushi selections too.

image-3609513594.jpg

4. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just in the Narita ANA lounge. Wifi was so-so. Lots of food, but not great. Plenty of drinks - alcoholic, soda, and juice. A few English language papers.

5. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    You don't like the noodle bar?

6. daboogah

daboogah Silver Member

Status Points:
    ANA Narita lounge starts off with a nice warm and fuzzy and then service is out the door. Food is so so. The "famous" curry with rice flown in from Hokkaido is like.. co co curry franchise? WIFI I always have good experiences at the United one. Food is a toss up. Not one is excellent at least I think. drinkie is nice all around. have a good trip ! and if you have a ton of time, go hopping around the lounges!

JALPak likes this.
  7. lycidas1

lycidas1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks all for the advice. Did the ANA lounge on arrival and am currently in the ANA lounge before departure. Things are sufficient, as always better than a US lounge, and they have Jack, so I'm set. FYI there is also a small ANA lounge in KMQ. Kanazawa was an elegant city with some beautiful sights and great food. An excellent first trip to Japan for me.

8. Tad's Broiled Steaks

Tad's Broiled Steaks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mind sharing a few photos of your trip to Kanazawa? In 2000, I lived with a family there for a month and relished every minute of it. Sadly I haven't been back since.

9. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad I read this! Didn't know there was an arrival lounge in NRT. Hopefully, I can get in with *A even if I'm not flying ANA.

sendaiben likes this.
  10. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't discount American Airlines. When we went there it was our finest Admirals Club visit ever. I don't now if if was something special but there was so much food and drink I felt like I was at a party. Sushi, noodles, fruits, sandwiches, etc. There was so much food that you couldn't try it all. The lounge is very large and comfortable. I could spend a day there!

11. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    The ANA arrival lounge has nice showers. Priceless after a long flight :D

cc1972 likes this.
  12. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know what you mean. It's really nice to freshen up after a long flight, then relax a little and have a cold drink;), especially when there is another flight following a few hours later.

13. Reddishbead

Reddishbead Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see the JAL logo in your signature. Is the JAL business lounge good at NRT? If I go there with my children but am only allowed one guess with Gold status with my Oneworld card, do you know/think I can I use my Priority Pass card to guest my second child for free (me + child 1 with Gold status + me + child 2 with PP card)?

14. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's okay. Can be very crowded sometimes. The curry is good. I would say the JAL lounge is better than the ANA one :)

I don't think PP gives you access to Oneworld lounges, does it? Even so, doubt that would work. Japan tends to be very by the book, not many exceptions to the rules.

You are more likely to get sympathy access for the children. Might be worth emailing to check...

15. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Much of the answer to these questions depends on the carrier the passenger is flying (and what terminal is used at NRT). In particular, *Gold only helps with lounge access when one is flying/departing on a *A carrier. Similarly the suggestion to use AmEx Plat charge card for access is good for the AA lounge when flying AA or the two DL SCs when flying DL, not including codeshares.