Best internet browser for reading BoardingArea?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by joeymello, May 17, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. joeymello

joeymello Active Member

Status Points:
    The past few weeks I've noticed it takes a long time to load BoardingArea blog posts on my computer. I use 2014 macbook air and the web browser I use is Google Chrome (latest update). Normally it doesn't bother me that much but in the past few weeks or so, I would notice it would take a long time to load (long meaning a minute or two.) Does anyone else experience this?
    What is the best web browser for reading the BoardingArea blogs?

2. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Assuming a reasonable internet connection, no browser should take a minute to load a web page. Also, asking people what browser they prefer will probably not yield scientific answers. There are a lot of fanboys and they deal in emotion, not facts.

Is the slowness limited to BA blogs? Perhaps try clearing your cache, temp files and cookies.

I use IE11, mostly due to familiarity and compatibility. Of course, using a MSFT product makes me an idiot.

Gargoyle and traveltoomuch like this.
  3. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use a 2014 MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9.5 with either Safari or Firefox with no issues when accessing BoardingArea.

I also use a 2009 MacPro tower computer with OS X 10.6.8 with Firefox to access BoardingArea — with no issues either.

Firefox is slightly more reliable than Safari, according to my experience; but I have not experienced slowness issues.

traveltoomuch likes this.
  4. joeymello

joeymello Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reply! I should have been more specific. When I go on to BA for the first time, there is no slowness. However after reading a few of the blog posts, thereafter I experience slowness. I'm not sure if it's the specific blog itself or if it's just my computer but this tend to happen whenever I read BA blogs.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Each of the individual blogs is a separate site with separate configurations and content factors which likely affect page load times. Pay attention to which specific blog gives you trouble and maybe you'll get to a solution, but changing browser is almost certainly not it.

iolaire likes this.
  6. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    As Wandering mentions, take note of the specific blog. At times it can be related to the bloggers practice of how they load images (full on file vs. optimized for mobile and web). As well, there are some blogs that host themselves though are still part of the BA family of blogs. If you can identify one or more, lease let me know and I'm sure i can find the correct answer or solution for you.

iolaire likes this.