Best Insider Tips For MR

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by kurt_w, Nov 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. kurt_w

kurt_w New Member

Status Points:
    What are some of the best little known parts of MR? For instance, is there a particular award partner redemption that provides a much higher value than you would get through other programs? What part of the program do you wish there was more information about (redemptions, MS, bonus offers, benefits, etc.)?

The reason why I ask is that I have 100k MR from the recent Amex Platinum biz card offer, and I normally would redeem those miles for SQ first class. But, I feel like I'm not getting the value out of the points that other people are, and assume I must be missing something given all of the positive sentiment I see about MR.

About Again likes this.
  2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    It depends on what you value. For some people access to SQ first *is* that outstanding value. For others it's flexibility, and others might value another partner.

About Again likes this.
  3. more2life

more2life Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you had equal amounts of SPG and MR points, what would you prioritize in spending first to transfer to ANA?

I know SPG has the 25% bonus, but the points also take longer to transfer to ANA (up to two weeks)… I heard that MR points are more valuable, so I might want to liquidate SPG points first.