Best In-Flight Dessert

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Sep 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is the best in-flight dessert you've ever had?

I'll admit that I've only been on a handful of premium class (business/first) international flights (where most would agree that the best food is served) but I recently enjoyed a great dessert on NH6 from NRT-LAX. ANA recently started working with Pierre Herme on their dessert menu which changes each month. If you don't know who he is, or if the name rings a bell, he is well known for his macarons which I enjoyed earlier this year in Paris.

For September, the featured dessert is the Ispahan which is based on one of his creations with the same name. The Ispahan is: Lychees, raspberry coulis and sorbet, rose-flavored mascarpone custard, Ispahan diamond shortbread.

This was easily the best in-flight dessert I've ever had and luckily got a second helping. Hopefully they'll have these Pierre Herme desserts around the next time I fly ANA premium class.

Ispahan1.JPG Ispahan2.JPG

Jimgotkp and mht_flyer like this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    I think this speaks for me, and other economy flyers! :p

paladin87 and mht_flyer like this.
  3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do like UA's (old CO's) Ice Cream Sundaes... but I have to admit, this sounds WAY better....

4. Tad's Broiled Steaks

Tad's Broiled Steaks Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://www.caesarwave.com/<-- just make sure sobore that no one tries to pass off a "Caesarwave" as a Toblerone, if you're in southern China.