Best Hyatt for an Overnight Layover through Dulles

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by cchagadorn, Sep 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. cchagadorn

cchagadorn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have an overnight layover while traveling through IAD next march and I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for which Hyatt hotel I should stay at.

My priorities are a good night's sleep and good breakfast early in the morning. I have Diamond status if that makes a difference.

We arrive at 6:40 PM on a Sunday and leave at 7:05 AM on Monday.

2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Hope you're doing well. The Hyatt right at the airport is perfectly serviceable. Reston is slightly better, but doesn't have a shuttle to the airport. The HH isn't bad either if that's your flavor.

I'd offer to buy you dinner but I get the sneaking suspicion you'll be tired. :D

Newscience and cchagadorn like this.
  3. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Breakfast that early may be tricky. I concur with Pizzaman - I like the Hyatt at Dulles, and I like Reston a little more. The HH and HP properties around are fine, too.

Newscience and cchagadorn like this.
  4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Breakfast at Hyatt Dulles is good, but don't know if it's going to be helpful to you as breakfast hours are 06:30-11:00

cchagadorn likes this.
  5. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    If your plane leaves at 0705, you'll likely be unable to get breakfast at any property. (Though you could purchase something to take along at a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House more easily than at a full-service property. )

If 0705 is when you need to leave the property, I'd pick Hyatt IAD or a HP or HH -- whichever is cheapest. Don't think you'll notice much comfort difference in a Hyatt Place/House vs a full-service property in that amount of time (unless you want to dine on property, in which case you'd want the full-service.)

cchagadorn likes this.
  6. cchagadorn

cchagadorn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I am doing well!

I guess hotel breakfast is out, so It looks like I be booking at the Hyatt Dulles because its close and easy.

Pizzaman, I might take you up on that dinner offer...we might be hungry after the flight, particularly if they run out of food! ;)

7. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Just ping me with the "when". I have a close friend that owns a restaurant walking distance from Hyatt Dulles. Fairly casual, but can get a decent meal.

cchagadorn likes this.
  8. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recommend against the Hyatt Dulles. It's the most used and worn of the four properties nearby. If true close and easy is your goal, the Hyatt House off Route 28 is closest and easiest to/from the airport. (Hyatt Dulles is physically situated closer, but there's no direct road.) As a Diamond, I would recommend the Hyatt Regency in Reston. It's also a heavily used hotel, but it's a nicer property over the years, and the suite you get upgraded to will be better serviced, in my experience.

TAHKUCT likes this.