Best Hyatt Beach / Oceanview Hotel to use Suite Upgrades

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by OceanBreezes, Nov 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any opinions on your favorite beach / oceanview Hyatt hotels? I am looking to book a couple relaxing vacations with a great view in 2013.

I am guessing that the Maldives is on most of your lists and will be staying there next month on points. For this trip, I am looking for recommendations in the less than $350 a night range.

I appreciate any of your thoughts.

Kalboz likes this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Grand Hyatt Bali seems to offer fairly large suites with confirmed suite upgrades, though I think the property is a bit more 4* than 5*.

There's the Hyatt Regency in Hua Hin which looks quite nice but not sure what the suite upgrade buys you.

Hawaii? Aruba?

Kalboz and OceanBreezes like this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Hyatt near Naples Florida (Coconut Grove?) for some meetings and the views were spectacular- IIRC it was around $300 a night.

4. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the GH Bali in August, used a suite upgrade and was further upgraded to Nuri Suite, one of their largest suites I believe. The original suite upgrade booked into a Grand Suite, asked via email to be put in a suite in the Club Wing and was confirmed a Grand Executive Suite, a slight upgrade from the Grand Suite. Upon arrival was further upgraded to the Nuri Suite, which was just above the villa where Obama stayed.

Be warned though that the Grand Suite which the suite upgrade books into are all located in the South wing and are a fair hike from the Club lounge and only some of them have ocean views.

IMG-20120808-01419.jpg IMG-20120808-01420.jpg IMG-20120808-01424.jpg IMG-20120808-01425.jpg IMG-20120809-01433.jpg

OceanBreezes and viguera like this.
  5. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Mrs. and I stayed at the GH Bali in early September, I'm not sure what the suite name we had, but we had a 1 bedroom suite with a 4 poster bed. We were no more than a 2-3 minute walk from the Grand Club (required an elevator/stairs). All in all, could not have been happier with our experience at the GH Bali. Easy walk to the Bali Shops, easy availability of taxi's to get to other parts of the island, beautiful beach, and here they actually have a Club Pool, which offers a bit more privacy/exclusivity. It was noticeably pricier compared to other SE Asia destinations we've been to (e.g. Khao Lak, Thailand).

6. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points: