Best Hotel/Rewards program for All-Inclusive hotel properties?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by brewernq, Sep 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. brewernq

brewernq Member

Status Points:
    Looking to do an all-inclusive stay somewhere like cancun, bahamas, jamaica, etc. I see I can book some with aadvantage points, but I would really like to save those points for flights. Hilton does have a couple, but do any other hotel programs have all-inclusive resorts that can be redeemed with points?

kdw038 likes this.
  2. kdw038

kdw038 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Priority club has a couple of places, but I've never stayed at any All-In.

3. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love all-inclusive, I wish there were more affiliated properties as well.

kdw038 likes this.
  4. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you could specify where exactly you'd like to go, it would be easier. I personally enjoy using Intercontinental Hotels (not IHG) nowadays; Fiji has a really nice one, and the resort in Bali is nothing short of exceptional. Mexico has four resorts (including one in Cancun), Panama has an all inclusive resort/spa, Puerto Rico, many others. I haven't stayed at all of them, but I've been to most, and I've enjoyed most. You can use Priority Rewards points for these, but I would also suggest purchasing the Ambassador program (only can be used at IC, not the other properties in IHG). It's certainly worth it. If you're actually going to use IC regularly in a one year time frame, try to get their top elite status, Royal Ambassador. Unfortunately, RA is invite only and oh so bloody mysterious on how to gain. One of my colleagues referred me, but worst comes to worse, you could always burn somewhere between $450-800 on ebay to purchase a referral. That's more than a bit, but it definitely gets paid back if you stay at IC more than 15 times or so a year; if you stay 40 times or more a year, it's brilliant. The treatment is better than anything I've received elsewhere.

kdw038 likes this.