Best Hotel Indigo Properties

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by AnthroFlyer, Feb 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AnthroFlyer
    Original Member

AnthroFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed in a few Hotel Indigos, mostly on the east coast US and enjoyed each of them. Each one had its own unique style and the service seems consistently good. I'd like to hear what the top properties are and what sets them apart.

uggboy likes this.
  2. bsaced
    Original Member

bsaced Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thinking about staying a the NYC Indigo next month, would love to hear anyone's experiences. Also any perks for being just a PC platinum member?

uggboy likes this.
  3. Tax Dude
    Original Member

Tax Dude Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've started taking daytime flights across the pond to LHR which get in around 9:30 pm. Then I take the HEX into London and stay my first night at the Paddington Hotel Indigo. Rooms are small, but the beds are very comfortable, good shower, free wifi, and I've always been upgraded as a plat.

4. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    stayed at the one in Riverhead NY was nice although not very centrally located.

uggboy likes this.
  5. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm a fan of the Ottawa one, spacious rooms, Platinums get upgraded to a suite easily, wonderful location, and a steal of a rate.

6. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isn't there a very nice one in Buffalo?

uggboy likes this.
  7. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm in London this weekend. Free wi-fi works both in room and restaurant so that's a plus with me. Some photos linked below in the featured galley and will try to get a review and some photos up after this trip.

man on the move. and uggboy like this.
  8. AnthroFlyer
    Original Member

AnthroFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    NYC Indigo is good but lacks some of the personality of other Indigos. Its also billed as being in the Chelsea but its not, although its nearby. Generally good location. Rates here have been pretty decent as of late.

uggboy likes this.
  9. bmw9983
    Original Member

bmw9983 Active Member

Status Points:
    I've had good experiences at the Hotel Indigo in Newton, MA (1 paid stay, 2 stays on pointbreaks) - friendly staff, and a great restaurant in the hotel.

uggboy and nsfu like this.
  10. Shanghai is just opened and has great city views, right on the Bund

Chimpy and uggboy like this.
  11. Sam Axe
    Original Member

Sam Axe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anybody stayed at the Atlanta one? It's very close to our office there, but one of my pickier co-workers gave it a very negative review.

uggboy likes this.
  12. belleNY

belleNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    not Atlanta, but stayed in the one in Athens, Ga. Nice enough staff, rooms were all clean, but not the best of areas, it's an iffy walk at night from the main restaurant/shopping area in town.

uggboy likes this.
  13. Seconded. Very good value on PointBreaks.

uggboy likes this.
  14. raysian
    Original Member

raysian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed at the Hotel Indigo - Paddington in London and the rooms are great. Cannot say the same about the restaurant for breakfast.

uggboy and Mark.Dragon like this.
  15. BurBunny
    Original Member

BurBunny Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking at staying here in August as well, as I'm wanting a change from my normal Times Square/Midtown routine (other than my mandatory stop at Carnegie Deli), and the rates are looking nice. Not familiar with the Indigo family, so curious what "personality" most of the properties have, and what the NYC propery lacks?

Good for solo woman traveler?

uggboy likes this.
  16. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed at the Sarasota, FL location which was decent for location and being near the beach but I'm not a big fan of Florida style / design.

The Scottsdale, AZ location has a slightly more modern / hip feel. It's right in the entertainment district so a great option for the club / bar scene people as you can just stumble back from one of the multiple places within shouting distance. This is also a downside because you will hear the clubs going until late... but at least the hotel recognizes it and provides ear plugs in the room. Also got a nice room upgrade as g/f is a plat.

cordray2643 and uggboy like this.
  17. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just stayed in the Hotel Indigo Tower Hill (London) early this month, and I would definitely stay there again. The rooms were huge and designed tastefully (cool brick walls, murals, four poster king-sized beds). The bathrooms were the largest I've had in Europe, with lovely robes and towel warmers for the more dreary days. Free internet and snacks/drinks in the mini-fridge, nespresso machine, etc. Great location near Tower Hill and Aldgate tube stations, with easy access to many sites. Only a few blocks from Brick Lane (cheap curry houses), and right in the heart of the Jack the Ripper area, if you like the morbid tours (like I do). We stayed there only two days on a way to a cruise, but I wish I had the time to stay there much longer. It was definitely the best hotel I stayed in on my most recent trip over the pond.

uggboy likes this.
  18. +1

uggboy likes this.
  19. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We've only stayed in the Hotel Indigo BNA - an absolutely excellent location for those who want to be in downtown Nashville for an event, activity, or partaking with comfortable rooms. Some of the downfalls - few rooms have views due to the location, the hotel's WiFi is a little hard to discern given the large number of apartments with WiFi signals bleeding over, and the proximity cards to open the rooms were malfunctioning hotel-wide ...

uggboy likes this.
  20. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Hotel Indigo in NYC and found it great. I used 15000 points and $60 each night and was upgraded to 16th floor room. Loved the amenities. A real find. It's located in the flower district so the view is very pleasant and fragrant, something which is hard to say about summer in NYC. One of my favorite restaurants is right around the corner, too: ARTISINAL

sobore and uggboy like this.
  21. Kevincm
    Original Member

Kevincm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone stayed at the one near Toronto Airport?

Whilst staying in downtown Toronto would be nice, the hotel prices... are a bit more acceptable ;)

Thanks! :)

22. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have now stayed at both Indigo properties in downtown San Antonio. The one by the Alamo is in an old building that has been remodeled. Nice location and nice rooms. It is an older building, so you get some old building charm going. It is centrally located very close on the river walk. The other property is located at the far end of river walk (the quiet end). It is a new building with the typical Indigo eclectic style.

23. b'h

b'h Active Member

Status Points:
    I recently stayed at the Indigo NYC-Chelsea, found it to be a nice place. It did seemed a little pricey. As for PC Platinum they didn't make anything of it. The guy didn't even understand why I was asking about an upgrade. But they were fully booked.

24. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have, not within walking distance of much. But I really like it and stay there every couple of months when I am in the GTA.

25. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is my favorite Hotel Indigo that I have stayed in. This location is a great l0ocation, has a nice pool area, great patio, cafe/bar is nice, and the service is outstanding. I try to stay at this one every time I am in the PHX area. Off season rates are awesome, but in the winter it can get pricey!