Best hotel chain for multiple room booking?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by viguera, May 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife has an event coming up in a couple of months and we're planning to book around 10 rooms for out of towners coming to stay for the weekend...

Does anybody know for certain which hotel chains provide the best bang for the buck when it comes to multiple rooms booked under one name?

I know some chains don't allow you to earn points for multiple rooms booked under the same name, and to them I say "good day, sir!" and will take my business elsewhere. :)

Thanks

2. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe Starwood will give points for up to three rooms. Hopefully others can supply info on other chains. Then again, if it was me and I had a chain that I prefer to use, I would probably call the hotel directly and see if they can arrange to give me the credit for everything! Good luck.

viguera likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    viguera likes this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:

Yeah I'm going to check through the policies as the traveling raccoon pointed out and find out what the official word is as of today. It doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me though, because at the end of the day if 10 people made 10 different reservations they'd still have to hand out the same amount of points / night credit for them as they would if one person reserved 10 rooms.

Then again I can see how this can be a fast-track to elite status for some, but it's entirely too costly (and probably rare) for someone to use it.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:

Many of your 10-room visitors probably wouldn't care about the points, wouldn't earn status, and even if they did end up collecting the points, might never use them. While a dedicated points hound like you would make sure to get the best value out of it.

When comparing programs, make sure to consider that with some you can easily combine points in family accounts. E.g., Carlson and SPG. So you could have some points go to your spouse's account and some to yours and later merge them.

viguera and Steven Schwartz like this.
  6. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    you could be a SPP (Starwood Pre Planner) and you get 1SPG/$3 spent on your event =)

viguera likes this.