Best hotel at BWI for no someone without hotel status

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by garyst16, Sep 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can anyone recommend a nice hotel around BWI for someone without status? I am trying to find something for a friend of mine and am most familiar with the Westin. Any other suggestions?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Without status, I'd probably be inclined to try priceline or the closest hotel to the terminal, especially if one can walk and avoid waiting for a shuttle bus.

garyst16 likes this.
  3. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I will keep that in mind when looking for a hotel for them.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    How many hotels are four star with priceline and located in the airport area? If it's only a couple and all seem good, that seems like a good situation for trying priceline, but check winning bids first to avoid overbidding.

5. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're looking for the nicest, I'd say Westin from what I've seen. But you might save a few bucks with the Sheraton next door.

garyst16 likes this.
  6. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depending on your friend's tastes, the Homewood Suites (two to pick from) or Hyatt Place could be good "value" choices.

I'll echo what MSPeconomist said: for a non-status guest, the BWI airport area is a great place to use priceline. At the 3* level, I often see the Aloft; you can decide that's plushy enough or not. In addition to the obvious airport zone, consider the Hanover/Fort Meade zone -- that's at the southern edge of the airport, perhaps even closer to the BWI rental car center than the normal BWI hotels.

garyst16 likes this.