Best Flex Rate.

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by DJP_707, Sep 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What happened to best flexible rates being able to be cancelled till like 6pm with no charge. I made a reservation last week for yesterday and due to a change in business plans, I tired to cancel to avoid the charge and was told by the hotel I needed to still pay for the first night..
    when I checked my email I see that I never read the fine print completley.

it said the following.

Room Type: 1 KING BED EXECUTIVE NONSMOKING - MAX PER ROOMPERSON(S) :5
    Smoking Preference: Non-Smoking
    Rate Type: Best Flexible Rate Rate Information
    Change to Group Booking

Rate Description:
    Take advantage of our best unrestricted publicly available rate; It allows you to change or cancel your reservation without worry if your plans change. Restrictions may apply based on individual hotel policies.

Wed 7 Sep 2011 $129.00 USD
    per night (1 room(s))

Total Tax † $16.77 USD

Estimated Total Price †: $145.77 USD

Cancellation: Canceling your reservation or failing to show will result in a charge for the first night per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.

So I can change or cancel without worry as long as I pay the room rate.??? I never had this problem before I always book best flex rates because my plans change often, with work, and I never had to pay for a cancellation before 6p.

2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    time to contact customer service, flex rate is supposed to have no cancellation penalty if cancelled by a certain time, so it seems to me like something is wrong (IHG fault) with the wording.

I've been booking more AAA rates as nearly all of them I've come across have a very good cancellation policy.

I also despise the way a number of hotel chains that used to have same day cancellation now require at least 24 hour notice.

3. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've noticed more popular hotels are starting to use the 24hours notice too.

I emailed Priority Club, let you know what they say.

Sweet Willie likes this.