Best Fairmont Hotel to use your Suite Upgrade Cert?

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by bsaced, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bsaced
    Original Member

bsaced Silver Member

Status Points:
    several of the fairmonts only give you a slightly better room for your suite upgrade cert. Are there any hotels that really make using that Cert worthwhile?

Pablo likes this.
  2. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I like to use them in HI Kona, at the Fairmont there. I usually get an ocean view suite on the end, total lux on the big island.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  3. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is a long thread in the Flyertalk forum discussing this topic.

In my experience there´s a great difference between what upgrade can be confirmed by just calling FPC and what upgrades I´ve received every now and then at some properties.

IMO the best properties for using a suite upgrade cert are (without any "special" treatment):

- Fairmont Singapore (minimum Junior Penthouse Suite or Junior Theme Suite)
    - Banff Springs Hotel
    - Fairmont Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg (Lakeview Suite)
    - Fairmont Pacific Rim (minimum 800sq.ft. 1-bedroom suite)

4. I enjoy upgrading into a Lakefront Suite at the JPL - you can check out my review in the JPL thread if you want more details. Typically just call the JPL directly when planning to apply an upgrade cert and ask nicely.

5. raysian
    Original Member

raysian Silver Member

Status Points:
    DSC_0045.jpg
    Fairmont Montreux Palace, Montreux Switzerland. View from our suite's balcony.

Fiji, DeltaExpert and Tivoboy like this.
  6. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Montreux is nice, haven't been to the Fairmont there though, will add it to my list.

7. Lighthouse
    Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Status Points:
    We travelled to Montreux with our son and used a suite and room upgrade for two interlinking rooms. The suite and the room were both great rooms with extraordinary views.

8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Montreux is nice and it's a nice hotel (former Raffles), but it's a small town without a lot to do unless you like to hike/ski. IIRC, there are one or two interesting museums nearby.

9. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just did Fine Hotels and Resorts of the World Fairmont Orchid Special Stay for 4 Pay for 3 with standard amenities, and upgraded from an Ocean View Room to an Ocean View Suite (409/ night x 3 paid nights / 4 stayed nights = 306.75 for an Ocean View suite) -- not a bad deal at all includes breakfast, internet, and 100 credit.