Best F seats 738 & 757?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by zpaul, Oct 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Almost all of my AA experience is on 767 and MD80, so my upcoming flights on the above aircraft are posing a seat-selection challenge to me. Seatguru and Seatexpert a good guides, but what are your thoughts on the best F seats? FEBO doesn't mean too much to me, the feeling of openness does (which usually has me in the bulkhead to avoid recliners) but I think I head that the 757 bulkheads are the worst of the worst. Your thoughts are appreciated!

(Also, I did do a search and nothing came up, which is strange to me for a frequent-flyer sight, so if I have started this thread incorrectly I apologize)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you checked seatexpert.com and seatguru.com? Usually they're pretty good (the former better than the latter imo).

I don't like the bulkhead on the 757 or the 738 so I tend to stick to FEBO rules as the rest remain pretty much the same for me (minus 6 E/F on the 757 which I always feel like are getting disturbed by Y passengers going to the bathroom, so I'd avoid that if I were you).

Gaucho and zpaul like this.
  3. ChicagoEric
    Original Member

ChicagoEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I take any non-bulkhead aisle - FEBO not so important as I rarely eat.

Microwave and zpaul like this.
  4. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you JohnDeere19 and ChicagoEric. I'm safely ensconced in 5E for my 738 flights (supposedly more arm room?) and 2E for the flights on the 757, and I guess that's where I'll stay.

5. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    757 bulkheads are indeed the worst, especially if you get one with the new configurations (24 738 style F seats) where the seats recline forward.

As we approach winter months, it is also a good idea to avoid the last rows of F on the 757/738/MD80s since the coats are hung behind these seats and can hinder seat recline.

zpaul likes this.
  6. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Godo point - I aleara forget that it's si TER up there!

7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    "Posted from my milepoint enabled smartphone"? ;)

zpaul likes this.
  8. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    How'd you guess? Milepoint enabled smartphone and forgot to change the language back to English. Should have been:

"Good point! I always forget that it's winter up there."

9. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'm a big fan of damnyouautocorrect.com and it just reminded me of stuff I see on my iPhone sometimes... haha.

zpaul likes this.
  10. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love that site, too! My phone doesn't seem to be as funny as the phones that get on there - as you saw I just get a bunch of gibberish. Guess I need to swear more in my texts and posts! ;)

11. Microwave
    Original Member

Microwave Silver Member

Status Points:
    The rearmost window seats on the 738 have a bit more arm/shoulder room than their further-forward cousins due to the taper of the fuselage, but the aisle seats are exactly the same. 5E is an excellent F seat on any 738 flight if you don't care about FEBO, and even on even-numbered flights this seat still has a decent shot at netting its occupant his or her first meal choice (and, of course, all seats have the same chance of getting a tasty bag of pita chips).

As far as the domestic 752 is concerned, I've heard reports that the port side seats have a bit less pitch than the starboard ones on the CIP'd birds, but when I've flown on them it didn't appear noticeable like it is on the MD-80s where the naked eye can plainly see the difference. That said, if you want to be certain of the best pitch, stick to the starboard side as you've already done.

zpaul likes this.
  12. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    For a completely OT remark, I was reading that pita chip thread yesterday and couldn't help but laugh that the OP started the thread in what I'm assuming was an awkward attempt to get FTers on his bandwagon only to discover Stacy's pita chips are apparently the most beloved AA offering since systemwide DEQM.

zpaul and Microwave like this.