Best Dubai Hotel for a 19 hour layover?

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by cheyenne100, Mar 20, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. cheyenne100

cheyenne100 Active Member

Status Points:
    I will arrive in Dubai about 10PM and lfly out 5PM the next day. I cant see much thinking maybe the Dubai gold souk, top of Burj Al Arab, a nice meal.

Where is a convenient and nice place to stay? I dont want to spend my limited time in excessive ground transportation getting from one place to another, back and forth from airport, etc. but I dont really just want an airport hotel.

Price is not main consideration for just one night, but I also might not have much time to take advantage of any special hotel services or amenities.

Thanks.

uggboy likes this.
  2. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    for one night I like Trader's Hotel (part of Shangri-la group) particularly if you can can get a deal on a Club Room :eek:

it is fairly near the airport but easy access to Metro or taxis (which are cheap)

if that does not work for you, the Crowne Plaza on Sheik Zayed Road is passable or Holiday Inn Express Safa Park both are fairly near the Metro stop, short hop to the Burj

uggboy likes this.
  3. cheyenne100

Status Points:
    Thanks, I checked the reviews and it looks good.

I read the traffic can be tough and my concern is that with this hotel, I travel to everything. To it from the airport, then next day to sights, then back to airport ( meanwhile where to store bags)

Thinking better to travel from airport at night to a centrally located nice hotel maybe near gold souk,keep bags there then see Burj, stop back collect bags and off to airport?

Just getting to know Dubai, but is there really much to see or is it all about the hotels and beaches? if so, maybe better to stay at a nice one and just experience it ?

What do you think?

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would recommend the Towers Rotana Hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road, direct access within 100m to the Metro and when you book a club room, transport via BMW limousine to/from airport is included too, plus complimentary breakfast, evening happy hour and all-day refreshments in the Club Lounge. Free reliable WiFi. We loved the hotel, it's around 15 minutes straight from the airport. Even for one night, it's recommended, good service, good upscale Club rooms and offerings. :)

Please read our review here on MP, incl. photos:
    https://milepoint.com/forums/threads/the-towers-rotana-hotel-dubai-uae-review-photos.47778/

jonspencer likes this.
  5. cheyenne100

Status Points:
    Great review! BMW transport is nice. Unfortunately, sold out for my night in Dubai.

As I arrive at night, I really only have the morning and early afternoon to experience Dubai.

It sounds like you know Dubai well. From what I have read the fountains, the gold souk, the view from At The Top, beach and Dubai Mall have some appeal. Any rank ordering? Shopping is not really my thing unless unique.

uggboy likes this.
  6. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like any of the Rotana hotels, I only mentioned Trader's because it is almost an airport hotel but somewhat better

with Club Room you get 4PM check-out plus breakfast, no need to worry about bags

I would take a taxi at 9:30 to the Burj after breakfast, go to top and walk around a bit

then taxi over to Dubai Creek walk around Bastakiya and then take AED1 abra boat ride across to Gold Souk, wander about, then back to hotel, freshen up and to the airport

the fountain is a night-time event

uggboy likes this.
  7. cheyenne100

Status Points:
    Terrific, Thanks! A great help and plan.

I see on weekends the fountains run until 11:30. Realistic with a 10PM arrival to high tail it to them and then to hotel? Worth the effort?

uggboy likes this.