Best DL FF Award Trip Option??

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by euromannn, Jan 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi,
    I would like to take a trip from Seattle, USA to either Europe or Asia.or even Central America.

delta won't answer a basic question:
    What is the minimum mileage award for travel from Seattle to Europe or Asia?

I assume it's 30,000 each leg to Europe and maybe 35,000 to Asia?

Since I must leave with short notice anyone have ideas on which destinations might be available for the minimum coach seat using award travel?

My target date to elave is February 15 and return March 15.

2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here is the Delta award chart: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ileage-charts/travel-from-the-u-s-canada.html

As you can see, it would be different based on where you are going and whether there is availability of low award tickets.

As far as what is available at the low pricing, you can try destinations online with their tool but it doesn't tend to be very good. Air France's is better or you can use Expert Flyer to look up award availability for destinations on the partner airlines. However, you'll likely have to call Delta to book it once you find your flights.

3. James K.

James K. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey there. The 15th of each month doesn't seem to have much availability, but if you go 14th to the 14th I see low-level TATL space each direction. You could fly to a whole bunch of European cities. Even do a fun stopover like SEA-CDG (enjoy Paris for a bit) CDG-BUD, BUD-CDG-SEA.

4. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    Keep your dates and destination fairly flexible, you'll find something in low availability.