Best Customer Service Strategy as Gold?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Explore, Feb 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Like many others, I dropped from 1K to Gold yesterday, at least temporarily. As luck would have it I experienced a serious issue yesterday, when someone at UA decided to reroute me in the absence of any IRROPS problems or tight connections with my original flights (and in violation of the fare break at an airport that was bypassed). I only discovered this action when pulling out my mobile boarding pass enroute to board one of my original flights that was about to close. At that point it was too late for airport customer service to hold the flight.

How to approach UA - presumably in writing?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    What are you looking for? You missed your appointment in San Diego, are you looking for compensation? A refund of some sorts because perhaps you routed through SAN and paid more than for the more direct routing? An apology? Original routing credit?

Isn't there the equivalent of 1KVoice for us newly "minted" Golds? If so, that is probably what I would start with. Perhaps try http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/contact/customer/premierVoice.aspx?SI=1

(Going by the info you posted on FT at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...outing-without-consent-irrops-problems-3.html which also has suggestions).

traveltoomuch and Explore like this.
  3. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had satisfactory results using Customer Care on the UA website under Contact Us

Explore likes this.
  4. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks....I'll try Premier Voice first, once the truncated mileage credit has posted. I'll need ORC and compensation in the form of an e-cert.

traveltoomuch likes this.
  5. Flying Machine

Flying Machine Silver Member

Status Points:
    From my experience ORC is normally provided if your record is noted as INVOL and by calling into the MPSC. I not quite sure whart happend in your case. Please let us know how you make out.. Thanks and Safe Travels