Best "Contact Us" for Delta Diamond

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by ajb, Sep 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ajb

ajb Active Member

Status Points:
    What's the best method to contact Delta with a complaint? I usually just use the form on the webpage (for positives and negatives), but I'd like to go a step further. If it helps, I'm a Diamond, and because I'm mostly on business travel, a pretty good revenue passenger.

Mostly, this has to do with the (terrible) upgrade certificates. I've always had pretty good luck using them (about 200K miles a year) as long as I am not trying on anything involving KLM, but completely running into trouble this time (through NRT).

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've always called in to the DM line or used the website "contact us" - in this case, I'd probably use the website in order to have written documentation of my complaint.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    To use SWUs to Asia, it can be easy on the nonstop flights directly into your destination if you can avoid NRT or alternatively on the HND flights to Tokyo if their schedules work for you. For example, DTW to/from HKG and PVG give confirmed upgrades (from a $4K M fare) on most days. For PEK, try the SEA flight (but I hate using SEA as the international gateway) and for NRT TPAC, look at going through LAX or PDX for availability (I hate PDX even more than SEA for TPAC). Unfortunately, none of this helps if SIN is your destination and unfortunately SWUs can't be used on KE.

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I want attention, I mail letters to:

Delta Air Lines
    Post Office Box 20980
    Atlanta, Georgia 30320-2980

While I can't provide empirical evidence comparing what would have happened if the same message were emailed in, I find I get exactly what I want - or better - in a few cases from writing in. I can provide anecdotal evidence of this. Among other examples, earlier this year I was reimbursed ~$500 in cash from DL for a stay at the Four Seasons (and round-trip taxi) due to a weather-prompted cancellation from a letter I wrote in. I cited the extremely poor communication of the ground staff, identified specific employees, etc. I asked for the reimbursement, which I got, and they threw in [19,000] SkyMiles as well (which I didn't ask for).

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The website seems to prioritize complaints from elites. However, for general policy concerns, you might want to write to the executive in charge of the area/issue or any DL executive you've met personally.

NYBanker likes this.
  6. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent point! :) I think specifics - names, events, etc. - are critical to being properly reimbursed or compensated for travel. :)

UA191 and NYBanker like this.
  7. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    For sure. I've taken pictures on my berry-cam a few times. Photo evidence helps a lot!

DeltaExpert and rwoman like this.