Best Chase Banker in NY

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by lusfort, Jul 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear all, I happen to be NYC this summer and decided to open a chase checking account to make use of the Ultimate rewards mall. I went into a branch into the city and was greeted by a professional looking officer. The entire process went well, I originally only wanted to open a checking accounting and bid my time to apply for the Sapphire preferred and the Freedom card to complete the trifecta. I'm currently holding the MPE (feb 12) and the British airways signature (May 12). However, we somehow started talking about credit cards and found out that he too enjoyed the benefits of earning miles and rewards. Infact, he offered to 'take care' of my double application for the CSP & Freedom card as he mentioned he had a 'hook up' within the credit approval department. It was pretty hilarious how it went I was back in my in mid afternoon when someone from the credit line dept called to confirm if I wanted to cancel my British airways card and shift my credit line to the freedom card, which i did. Let's see if he's able to get me my CSP in the next few days as we have an appointment to link all 3 accounts up in the branch in a week or so. If any of you guys would like to know or get the contact of this bank rep. Do let me know!

2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I take it you had pretty abysmal expectations of Chase bankers prior to this experience. :D

aptraveler, jbcarioca and tommy777 like this.
  3. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    Im a Hillbilly from Virginia :)

aptraveler, jbcarioca and tommy777 like this.
  4. booyaa
    Original Member

booyaa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wait, so what did the "hook up" do?

5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think apply for both the SP & Freedom @ the same time; and just shift the credit lines around w/o doing a hard pull?

6. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just received my Freedom card today. So the the bank officer basically handled the reconsider line for me i guess. I'm not too sure whether they did a hard pull or not, only have access to credit karma as of the moment. So closed the BA line and transferred the line to the freedom card. All i needed to do was to say 'yes that's what i want" when the credit officer called me to confirm. I might visit or email the officer to get the CSP in the next week or so.