Best Car Rental Program to work with Aeroplan/Air Canada

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by slalom, May 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Until recently, I've been fortunate not to require car rentals on my weekly business travel, but that has changed.

So far, I've been renting primarily with Hertz, but have found the rewards program underwhelming.

I'm interested in opinions as to which car rental firm optimizes benefits/works with AP - for example with Hotels, I've always found the Hilton Points/Miles option seems to provide the most benefit.

So I'm interested in opinions as to which car rental rewards program is the best for a traveller who's primary rewards program is Aeroplan.

2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just curious why you find Hertz underwhelming? With their frequent double ant triple points promos, I topped out over 10,000 points last year and have been steadily using them every weekend to rent at home. (My own car is old and tired!)

traveltoomuch likes this.
  3. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't been that attentive to promos, so have missed some....after renting Monday-Thurs. virtually weekly for February, March, and April I was able t
    I guess I miss the promos (I find it annoying when good customers are required to register to receive promos....I seem to remember (maybe dating myself here) Avis used to give buckets of Aeroplan points with each rental....and I still have some Calloway golf clubs from an old Budget promo.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  4. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I gave up on car rental points ... I use National (my company has good rates with Hertz and National) since they allow me to choose a car (yes, I can switch at Hertz, too, but then I need to go back to the counter). Having a more enjoyable car outranks the extra miles for me. :D

Oh yes, at National I choose Hilton points. ;)

YULtide likes this.
  5. pointshogger

pointshogger Silver Member

Status Points: