Best Buy revamps rewards program

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by sobore, Sep 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.retailcustomerexperience.com/article/219809/Best-Buy-revamps-rewards-program

Best Buy announced this week that it is revamping its loyalty program as "another step to reinvigorate the customer experience."

The electronics retailer is replacing its Rewards Zone program with My Best Buy, which the company said offers bigger and better benefits to members. Loyalty members will continue to receive the one point per $1 spent and five percent back on purchases made with a store-issued credit card. The new program includes additional rewards like free points for checking in at a Best Buy store and early access to sales and promotions.

As members move up in the program's tiers, more rewards are added, like free shipping and extended return periods, the retailer said on its website.

Best Buy spokesman Jeremy Baier told Twin Cities Business that the retailer decided to give its rewards program a face-lift in an effort to offer new incentives for its existing customer base.

Read More: http://www.retailcustomerexperience.com/article/219809/Best-Buy-revamps-rewards-program

uggboy likes this.
  2. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a loyal Best Buy customer, it is known they are hurting. I was a Silver member. Now changed to Elite Plus. No change to my benefits, i believe, but there is one more tier higher. Seems like they get free expedited shipping and a longer return period.

Love shopping online through Best Buy as I get their reward points, my credit card reward points, and miles for my shopping portal.

3. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does the best buy CC give u free shipping?

4. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know if you can change the point expiration date to an earlier date? Mine is set on Feb 12, a date I always forget.