Best BE seat on 764?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, May 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, DL fanboys/girls, I'm going to fly paid BE on a 764. Yes. I realize this is likely to be much better than my last DL BE ride, which was in J on the hideous 763.

Anyway, at the moment, the cabin is almost empty. Traveling solo. Which seat do you recommend?

And, this occurrence is.... you know, almost _best in class_ ..... with no ironic stars. Muahahaha!

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Odd numbered window seats - I usually go for 3, 5 or 7. These seats have the console between the aisle and window.

:)

redtailshark likes this.
  3. redtailshark

Status Points:
    robin, tx. I have one of those rows now.

4. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Paid BE on Delta? How could this happen? Oh, the humanity, er Skypesos. :confused:

Um, don't they all have the console between the aisle and window? :) Mayhaps you mean the console is between the aisle and the seat?

David

redtailshark and rwoman like this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is the console on the aisle for odd numbered rows on both sides of the aircraft? I had assumed that if the seat is next to the window on the far left, it's next to the aisle on the left side of the center section, then away from the aisle next to the center right aisle seat, and then on the right side of the plane, the seat is at the aisle with the console next to the window. Is this not correct?

rwoman likes this.
  6. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is the same on both sides - console between the aisle and seat/window on both sides. :)

7. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Whoops...

Yes, I meant the console between the aisle and seat!! These long days must be getting to me!

:)

8. redtailshark

Status Points:
    Well, there's no hypocrisy. SM have nothing to do with this event. And "paid" is correct in absolute terms. But. Less than the taxes on an SM award on the exact same flight. Yes. You know. Let's say that this itin doesn't start in the EU. Moreover, it contains an SQ sector - on DL stock. This means UA 1K requal... on DL stock! Ah, karma! It could hardly be more perfect! Muahaha!

And, I predict by the time those SM credit, the program will be newly and uniquely valueless. But you all know that.

I expect the DL crew to welcome me aboard in their new manner, "thank you Mr. Shark for your loyalty to DL, shown by your MM status" etc. The last time I flew DL, this was somewhat embarrassing because I was the only MM in F and the other F pax around me actually applauded after she gave her speech (A319). Little did those other guys know.......

9. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps more along the lines of "Hello Mr. ShAArk, how is that stAAtus mAAtch to the dAArk side working out for you?" :cool: Surely you didn't miss out. :)

David

rwoman likes this.
  10. redtailshark

Status Points:
    It would be nice... EXP, ah! But unfortunately I hAAve no AA stAAtus...only some nice AAdvantage miles thanx to Citi. And compared with DL SM, those are, well..you know.

I don't meant to mock the DL crew, they are doing their job. It's just so unfortunate for them that their company's product is a composite and whatever they do to improve service, their efforts are defeated utterly and profoundly as soon as pax log on to the DL.COM portal and attempt to book. I didn't say any of this to the DL crews.

DiverDave likes this.
  11. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    You missed out on the big stAAtus mAAtch for 1K's? :eek: It was a rAAre opportunity, to tAAke AAdvanAAge of the current COdbaUA woes. :D

Seriously it looks like $mi$ek is following the trail blazed by Delta.

David

rwoman likes this.
  12. monitor
    Original Member

monitor Gold Member

Status Points:
    And if Parker grows his Cactus in the AA flowerpot, everybody will need to pick flights because they are going where one needs to go instead of considering the soon-to-be-dead FF plans.

DiverDave and rwoman like this.
  13. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which would likely incline me to use up all my miles and then walk away from my AA status... ;) That said, you never know... :confused:

DiverDave likes this.
  14. redtailshark

Status Points:
    It's a good question.

I like AA. I know that EXP is probably the best deal around, in terms of service levels and benefits. The problem is, I can't maintain top level on more than one alliance - I don't want to anyway, at that level, life is less enjoyable. So I have to choose...I would agree that UA is more inconsistent (1K vs EXP), but I travel mostly international and the Star machine always, always gets me where I need to go, revenue or award ticket. Also, although AA is greAAt if you remain on their metal, their int'l network is thin and the 1W benefits are lousy compared with Star. Star really offers the most fully integrated service for alliance elites. To sum up, I would have to trade EXP for 1K and overall, 1K offers me more value. And don't forget I'd have to deal with BA if I were EXP. And if there's one airline that can consistently compete with DL for the best in class distinction, it's BA.

As for $misek following the trail blazed by DL - not exactly. Yes, FCM is taking root at UA as well. But my ug percentages as 1K remain high. Case in point. I'm at LAX right now, flying a $59 one-way from TUS to MIA (this will amuse you - to connect with a DL fuel-dumped TATL itin, ah the jouissance!) and I've been ug on the two mainline sectors. LAX-IAH isn't a gimme on UA any more than LAX-ATL is on DL. 2/2 eligibles on this one.

BTW: I haven't been ug by DL on Friday's domestic sectors yet. Yes, I'm now a lowly GM but I can tell you there's little chance of either of those sectors being ug.

Best of all, my UA MP miles have been phenomenally useful. I can almost always book a choice of numerous itins at stated levels (either LOW or HIGH, with no bs compound multipliers) on some really nice airlines including in the international F cabins. The award system is in a different (better) universe of quality and functionality compared with DL SM. I don't think anyone here would debate that.

DiverDave likes this.
  15. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Give $mi/J some time. I'm astonished at the riot in progress at the UA forum on FT. :cool:

David

16. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm trying to envision this because, assuming that DL doesn't want two passengers sitting on the aisle to be next to each other while other spots have two aisle console across from each other, I would have thought that this would be the arrangement:

ODD ROW: seat console aisle seat console seat console aisle seat console

EVEN ROW: console seat aisle console seat console seat aisle console seat

so that odd rows have the seat on the left side by the window and even rows have the seat on the right side by the window. Otherwise we get a lot of seat aisle seat and console aisle console configurations with two seats i the same row being across the aisle from each other and other places were tow consoles are across the aisle from each other.