Best AA lounge between ORD, MIA, DFW, and EZE?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Lyssa, Mar 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Okay, I am not an elite flyer and I've never been in an airport lounge. I have some Coke points that I really have no use for, so I'm thinking of getting a pass to the AA lounge to try out that experience this summer. I have a flight from ORD-MIA-EZE and coming back EZE-DFW-ORD. The way I am reading this, I will only be able to use the pass once? So, I'm hoping you all can tell me which AA lounge would be the best for me to try with my pass.

TIA!

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Can you be a little more specific about what you'd end up getting with the Coke points? Is it a one day Admiral's Club pass?

If so you can find information related to it here:
    http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...iralsClubArticles/oneDayPass.jsp&locale=es_ES

One of the important pieces to note is that if this is what you're buying, then you actually can use it at any Admiral's Club on your day of travel, so you could use it at ORD and MIA, or EZE and DFW. You do only use it "once", but its valid for the entire day of travel.

I've never been to the lounges at MIA and EZE, but the DFW and ORD lounges are fairly similiar. Nice places to get away and have a drink or a quick snack with less noise then you'd find in the terminal. If you're expecting hot food or champagne you'll be disappointed, though.

Enjoy EZE, it's beautiful!

Lyssa and TheIceTrojan like this.
  3. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi David, I believe it is the one day Admiral's Club pass. I just looked at the FAQs from your link and it looks like I can still use the pass twice even though my flight is going to be overnight. I think I will use it at EZE and DFW then.

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    DFW has more then one Admiral's Club. Maybe look here to see which ones suits your needs best:

DFW Admiral's Clubs

Lyssa likes this.
  5. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget to take a shower in the lounges. A nice hot shower always make international trips more enjoyable.

Lyssa likes this.
  6. TheIceTrojan
    Original Member

TheIceTrojan Silver Member

Status Points:
    The EZE lounge is very small, poor beverage offerings and some chips and will find it extremely overcrowded (all flights leave EZE around the same time) - you will want to get out of there if your the least bit claustrophobic. Not sure if you will be entitled to use the new joint partnership AA/Iberia/British lounge if departing or arriving at the E gates but it is the best of the three at MIA.

Lyssa likes this.
  7. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree. If you will be at DFW long enough, I would recommend a shower there after that overnight flight. It really freshens you up. Try the shower at the Admirals Club in the A terminal.

8. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would never have thought of using the shower. I honestly didn't know they had one. That is a fun idea. :)

9. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Just don't forget to bring your own toiletries. They'll provide soap and shampoo, but I often forget things like hair product, antiperspirant, etc are needed after a shower and when I had longer hair I'd end up trying to wet in down with water but it eventually dried and I looked like I rolled out of bed!

Lyssa likes this.
  10. Original Member
    Original Member

Original Member Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ignoring shower issues, I highly recommend the D Admirals Club in DFW. It's very spacious and has great views of the large planes taxiing. The A club is also nice but is smaller and "more intimate." Avoid the B clubs... they're not "bad", but they're also not "great".

I personally like the MIA D-38 club. It is sometimes crowded, but not overly so. The ORD club is decent...

Regardless what you decide to do, remember that in the US, airline clubs are a nice getaway from gate chaos but are generally not so incredible that failing to go in is a great personal loss. I wouldn't change my flying schedule to be in a particular club... but last weekend, for example, I had a 1:30 layover in MIA and was happy to take the extra 10 minutes to walk to the club and sit for 40 minutes away from the noise in a more comfortable seat.

Lyssa and FlyMeToTheLooneyBin like this.
  11. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    The "written" rule for entrance to the OW lounge at MIA presumeably the E club your are referencing is that your flight should depart from an E gate which while that might be possible/likely on the outbound very few domestic AA flights currently depart from concourse E so it is unlikely you will be able to use it inbound.

Added to that the E lounge is not considered to be an AC so regular members cannot access it as they could the other two D clubs except in the case mentioned above (flights departing E). The other two clubs are OK I suppose it depends on where you might want/need to rest up.

Note also the E lounge I believe does not open until 0900 am..... the EZE flights get in around 0430 am and 0630 am respectively.

Lyssa likes this.
  12. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    The A club is a bit darker in my opinion, and faces the parking structure, so there's not really much of a view. The D club is nice, airy, and bright.

Lyssa and Original Member like this.