Best 777 Preferred Seat?

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by MiltonR, Mar 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MiltonR
    Original Member

MiltonR Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am planning a trans Pacific trip and obviously hope to be able to use e-Upgrades. But in the event I can't upgrade, what is the best Preferred seat in economy on a 777? I've never flown in Y on a 777 and hope I won't have to start. But I will be booking T+ so upgrade is only possible 7 days out and as an SE I can book a Preferred seat at no cost. So which is the best seat to select? Advice gratefully accepted.

2. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. MiltonR
    Original Member

MiltonR Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flying YVR-HKG-YVR.

19C and 19H look good with no seat in front but will I get my feet kicked by passing passengers and carts when I'm asleep?

4. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The carts are the biggest risk. If you keep your feet near the 18B/18J seat, the odds are improved but a less-than-careful FA can still bump you with a cart.

5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    While those seats may give more (?) leg room, aside from the comments above re: possibility of being run over, I would miss having somewhere to place my small items. I do like having the space under the seat in front of me. I have also seen many people want to stand in that empty space! Heaven forbid they use their heads that someones feet may want to be there also!

6. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You did mean "paws," I presume? :rolleyes:

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do not sit there - so no - no paws there! [​IMG]

tomh009 likes this.
  8. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    31A/K are obstructed and I find others too close to the galley and lavatory so 18A is IMO the best.

9. East_Yorker
    Original Member

East_Yorker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the bulkheads, row 18, Mrs E_Y does not, so what we get depends on who books the flight!

The storage issue only exists during takeoff and landing, so I don't find it troublesome.

The only issue I find is that the video screen is further away than in a standard seat.

unclepants likes this.
  10. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    my one time in Y TPAC (pre status nightmare days!) I found the window seat on the bulkhead was preferable to aisle- no bumping issues from passers-by but could still get up without disturbing the seat mate.

East_Yorker likes this.
  11. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    On my recent flight from YVR->SYD I had the aisle in coach - the middle and window were a pair of Aussies - who told me not to worry and all 16 hours of the flight if I was asleep they simply stood up on their seat and stepped on both my arm rests to get out ... worked very well and they did not disturb me a bit

East_Yorker likes this.
  12. NoahVail

NoahVail Silver Member

Status Points:
    In 19C/H I use a daypack as carryon, stuff it with my jacket and use it as an ottoman; pull out the video screen and angle it out slightly as soon as I'm seated (putting back for takeoff/landing); this seems to ward off any wayward feet or carts.

tomh009, unclepants and southender like this.
  13. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to see you here. Welcome. :)