Bermuda Luxury hotels?

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by stimpy, Dec 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    What are the best Luxury hotels for Bermuda? I would need to be near Hamilton for business and I'm told the Newstead Belmont Hills is the best. Anyone been there?

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  2. gerdpoints

gerdpoints Active Member

Status Points:
    I have lived in Bermuda for six years now. If you do business in Hamilton, the Fairmont Princess would be the best hotel. Everything is in walking distance from there.
    The Newstead is a very nice hotel, actually nicer than the Fairmont Princess. They run a ferry from the hotel to town (5-10 minute trip with scenic views).

uggboy, stimpy and viguera like this.
  3. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks gerdpoints!

uggboy likes this.
  4. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just to report back, the Newstead is indeed a very nice hotel. The rooms are huge and high quality, all with great views over the harbor.

TRAVELSIG, uggboy and Rejuvenated like this.
  5. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well as I noted above, yes I've been there. The suites are very nice and large, service and facilities are great, and there is a ferry to Hamilton, or it's a short ride by taxi. You can see Hamilton just a half mile or so across the water from your suite. The Newstead is the best hotel close to Hamilton. If you go out to Tuckers, far from Hamilton, there is a very nice Rosewood-managed golf property.

6. Bermuda is part of Mandarin Oriental's portfolio of luxury establishments. This is named after the stretch of private, pristine shore on which it resides - a beach of pink sand. Set amongst 50 acres of landscaped gardens, the hotel is five minutes from the charming, downtown area of Hamilton.

Thanks a lot,
    Abelard