Survey Request Benefits of using Mobile apps whilst travelling

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by vik, Sep 20, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. vik

vik Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello Fellow Members,

As you all know, the use of electronic devices and mobile apps have become increasingly popular among travellers round the world. In light of this changing landscape, several perceptions of using airline carrier's mobile apps are not known or addressed properly.

Therefore, I am writing this message in connection with an academic research survey to understand travellers' perceptions of using airline carrier's Mobile apps whilst travelling.

These academic research survey is conducted by the University of Cote d’azur, France. The purpose of this survey is to understand how international travellers perceive the values of airline carrier's mobile apps. Furthermore, this study will also examine, which factors influence the traveller’s perceived value of airline carrier's mobile app and how it leverages the brand image, satisfaction and loyalty of travellers.

I am sending herewith the link of the survey

http://www.createsurvey.com/s/XYPKUw/?

Could you please participate in this survey. and provide your opinions.

I will thankful if you can participate in this survey. And your responses will be beneficial for this survey.

I thank you for your help and truly appreciate your support.

Kind Regards,
    Vik

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    @vik I stopped taking the survey on the second page because it was unclear what "mobile app" I'm supposed to be giving feedback on. Since at the start of the survey it talks about what alliance I flew and such is this an Airline Alliance App survey, or maybe an Airline App survey?

When I clicked over I expected to be asked about travel Apps such a Google Maps, TripAdvisor, Booking.com etc... If you want people to provide feedback on Airline Apps it would be best to state that upfront so we understand the context. Keep in mind that we probably don't use one app regardless of if its Airline or not, instead we use certain Apps for mapping, dinning, finding lodging etc..

3. vik

vik Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello iolaire,

Many thanks for your advices and suggestions. Your advices have been hugely beneficial for the survey. Many thanks again.

Further to your request, I would like to inform you all that, this survey is concerning the airline based mobile app. The questions are related to the airline based mobile app. And I have made the required modifications.

I will be thankful if you all can participate in the survey. And I will share the results of the survey, as soon as I get good amount of responses.

Many thanks again,

Kind Regards,
    Vik

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    iolaire likes this.
  4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, more feedback since I did the full survey now.
    RE 6. I think:
    If I strongly agree to this "* that I can use this app even if there was no one around to tell me what to do as I go " I don't really know how to answer the next few questions like " I could use this app if I had just the built-in help facility for assistance" since it contradicts the first question. I put Neutral since I can use App but don't need Help facility.

Re: "* using this app enables me to accomplish a transactions task more quickly than using traditional stores" here I guess you mean airline websites? If you mean travel agents or airline ticketing offices it might be good to add that.

This might be a translation error "* the company (which sold the product) does not require me to merchandise this app"

I don't know how this applies as usually on an airline app you only see your data? "the time taken to locate somebody using these services is much shorter than by any other method"

Also near the end it talks about apps that cost money and if you would choose another app over this one. With airline apps you don't really have a choice you either use the airline app or the airline website or airline phone number there are not alternatives.

5. vik

vik Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello iolaire,

Thanks very much indeed again or your advices and suggestions. It is very kind of you.

Further to your request, I have sorted all the questions.

Concerning the first two questions, it is generally found that, as new users, some travellers prefer to ask their friends and colleagues for immediate help to use or navigate through the app. On the other hand, we also find some travellers, who prefer to seek the help and assistance option available in the app for any help. Therefore, these two questions were asked for two different type of consumers.

Many thanks again. Your advices have been hugely beneficial for the survey.

Kind Regards,
    Vik

iolaire likes this.