BEN SMITH

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by londoncalling, Aug 26, 2018.

1. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    One of the finest senior managers of any Company I have ever dealt with is Ben Smith. he knows the industry and learned a lot from Robert Milton who mentored him. Ben will be seriously missed at AC

YULtide likes this.
  2. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    In case people don't get the reference - he's headed off to run AF/KLM by the end of September. He'll need every bit of labour negotiations savvy he learned at AC to have any hope of being successful in that role. I wish him well - big shoes for AC to fill.

YULtide likes this.
  3. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seriously? THIS Is what's on this so called "Inside" Flyer board today?

You're a bunch of shills for basically every lazy F'er who's ever worked in a job they only got through pure political patronage.

Really so "Flyers" care deeply about behind the scenes Labor negotiations.

I'm not Mr Unhappy but makes people want to Vomit

4. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Somebody pee in your cereal?

YULtide, The Lev and slalom like this.
  5. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    What? It's like the endless "This guy got a contract " sports story in America.

Interesting to a 19 year old stoned out of their minds in a dorm room.

Good for whoever the heck Ben is, last one I remember played Safety for the Eagles , drafted out of Georgia, sometime circa 1991, hey if you want I'll sit here and over the course of the next 75 days recount to you "stories by the fireside" of every check ever written out this here book and the TIMES we had.

Some FF board. Mostly one dude yelling cause well he's not the brightest bulb.

And 200 Flight attendants & employees making believe they've ever PAID for a ticket. With a few Lawyers dropping by LOL

6. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    THIS JUST IN....... beep... buh dup... beeep ... buh dup..

Man or woman who is NOT You gets 73 gabrillion duckets.

(Yes that's you staring at this Rodrigo )

Cue "advertising"

Do you need a little extra umpf in the bedroom? Never mind that psychologically you spend all your time worried about "other" people's performance & good fortune. For a low low price of 89.95 we can let Bob Menendez show you the path to a shinier coat and clean healthy breath.

7. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh-kayy.

Are you, by any chance, also known as 'A Happy Elite'?

londoncalling, YULtide and Dublin_rfk like this.
  8. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup - agree that is a problem on this board - he certainly clogs up the newsfeed, though I don't think he's found this particular forum yet.. I'm a bit surprised that particular person hasn't been "banned", but I guess they promised not to do so here.

mevlannen likes this.
  9. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Lev, it might well be that you have nailed the point -- a ban-less discussion forum (which would certainly suggest an improvement over the goings-on over at TOBB).

YULtide likes this.
  10. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    If by “improvement” you mean “dead enough that one FlyerTalk forum for one medium size airline has more action and useful content for me than this board”, then sure.

I fail to see the improvement if you mean an actual improvement. This place is full of one dude ranting to themselves, plus a bunch of political posts and chat threads, with occasionally a very big news item in the FF world being discussed. FT is full of on topic discussions about passenger experiences on flying airplanes and tips on travel. If IF works for you, great. But it doesn’t for someone who is tired of some dude blowing a one note vuvuzela about the AIRCARTEL. We get it, dude, you think the airlines are corrupt. Could you spam it in one thread topic? Oh, I guess not. Could a moderator do something? Oh, I guess not. I guess the moderation policy here is expecting flowers to grow in untended gardens instead of weeds.

11. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, what's the saying, "each one chooses their own poison"?

I more or less gave up on the Air Canada discussions over at t'other place, because the tone of the discussion often devolved to an eldritch mixture of frat- house beer pong and shouting gallery. Granted that there are a few people over there who write reason, there are all the same an excess of trolls willing to jump on strangers' first message postings.

That sounds like no fun to me, not at all.

This particular room of the Milepoint complex deals with Air Canada, and I would argue that it's fair to think that users of other airlines would gravitate to their respective rooms. This place is probably not of much interest to someone who commutes to work via United Airlines, for example.

Sure, there's one particularly obsessive chap (I assume he's a chap from the tone of writing) who's got a massive hate-on for United and other 'carteliers' (his term, not mine, I'm more likely to see the mobile-telephone folks as being an invidious and resource-hogging cartel).

That's why we have the capacity to ignore people.

- - - -

And yes, I perceive your central point to be a lament for what Milepoint has not turned out to be, despite initial promise of more exciting things. As a quiet corner of the Internet in which to shoot the breeze, this place does a fair (albeit thin;y-populated) job.

I enjoyed your writing, truly; please do wade into this quiet little pond more often.

/elane

The Lev and YULtide like this.
  12. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's kind of you. It's just a shame that there's very little to do but shoot the breeze and ignore the politics posts and the rants...

YULtide likes this.
  13. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    I appreciate the participants in this corner of IF. We may be few, but there is high quality here, and I for one continue to learn new and helpful things here. Which is why I keep coming back. And shooting the breeze with people who understand the whole flying thing is a nice bonus.

londoncalling likes this.