BEL Belem Master thread

Discussion in 'GRU/GIG/BSB | Brazil Regional Airports' started by jbcarioca, Apr 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

From Infraero Google translate:

Belém International Airport / Val-de-Cans / Julio Cezar Ribeiro

Since 2001, the International Airport Belem / Val-de-Cans / Julio Cezar Ribeiro became an example of the pattern that Infraero implements at its airports. Standing out in the vastness of the Amazon, the building design uses plane curves on its roof to allow light to traverse the entire length of the great hall of the terminal. The architect Sérgio Parada, responsible for design, creativity and abused adopted totems of multiple use with light projectors, sound system, air conditioning and public telephones.
    The passenger terminal is fully air conditioned and has a futuristic architecture. Patients with special needs have individualized service with own equipment. Its interior is decorated with plants in the Amazon region that is enclosed by a source able to imitate the sound of rain falling every day in the region.
    Traditionally called Airport Val-de-Cans, is responsible for increasing tourism in the region, the production flow and attracting new investments. Any physical structure contributes to this: designed to harness the natural light of the warm city of Belem do Para has a water surface inside the passenger terminal, and is decorated with plants typical of this region.
    Plays an important role in national integration, bringing people into places where other transportation does not reach, well within the state. Moreover, it contributes to the dissemination of local culture, providing a free space for regional artists to present their work.
  2. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Belem International airport is well maintained and reasonably clean airport. simple layout in two levels. The departure is mix of domestic and international. The gates always have a jetways, unlike some airports in Northern Brazil. Wifi is available but somehow it did not work for me. With no G3 Lounge at the airport, and seeing my frustration, someone sitting across from me in the waiting space was kind enough to authenticate & log me into to carrier-based wifi network.

Banks, Post Office and other services are all at the arrival (and check-in counter) level.