Beijing/Shanghai/Hong Kong/Bangkok

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by AdamEfimoff, Dec 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Great luxury dining?

uggboy likes this.
  2. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    eat where you see the locals eat

uggboy likes this.
  3. great hotels?

uggboy likes this.
  4. luxury

luxury Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you want grand class "European style" luxury dining then consider Le Normandie in The Oriental Bangkok or Gaddi's at Peninsula Hong Kong and many other more contemporary choices. However, the best food will be found in hawker stalls and holes in the walls where the locals eat.

uggboy likes this.
  5. @luxury nahm??? Luxury I am not looking at luxury european dining but looking at the best. I was hoping something like Mr and Mrs Bund in Beijing. Thank god for wallpaper beijing

uggboy likes this.
  6. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    iolaire and uggboy like this.
  8. uggboy likes this.
  9. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delicious Bangkok street foods brought back to hotel room make great meal ... every day. Hotel staff more than happy to furnish utensils and plates. ;)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The grilled river prawns pictured above were around $12 per pound (THB 850 per KG) were properly cooked and sweet & delicious.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    iolaire and uggboy like this.
  10. Luxury Dining is generally at high end restaurants. When I say luxury I mean high end venues for a special occasion for instance like a date , business meeting.

uggboy, eponymous_coward and Kalboz like this.
  11. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok fair enough ... although I've been through the other cities mentioned, I can only attest to Bangkok's offerings. Luxury dining is everywhere in Bangkok from hotels based restaurants (like Sa Bua By Kinkin at Siam Kempinski Hotel, Nahm at the Metropolitan, Le Normandie at the Mandarin Oriental, New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott, etc.), to independent restaurants (like the progressive Indian Gaggan which is named best restaurant in Asia, Bo.Lan, Eat Me, Issaya Siamese Club, etc.), and to even megamall based eateries (Somboon Seafood, L’Espace Restaurant, Harrods Tea Room, etc.). I have dined at most mentioned above and some more (rooftop dining I did not mention) all offering scrumptious food and excellent service.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

More photos can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/collections/72157625761411086/

iolaire, uggboy and AdamEfimoff like this.
  12. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Pointless, rude and off-topic posts removed. I don't usually do that, but I had a few reports from this thread alone.

Many thanks to @Kalboz for being helpful and sticking to the topic.

13. @Mark thank you so much. please can you also shift it to the dining forum cheers

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  14. bobdelon

bobdelon Member

Status Points:
    local street food are always delicious ,but not luxury ;)

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  15. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to InsideFlyer @bangkokbestdining :)

We have a Thailand branch here: https://insideflyer.com/forums/forums/thailand.282/

And, a dining & restaurant recommendations thread here: https://insideflyer.com/forums/threads/bangkok-dining-scene-restaurants-recommendations.3001/

Looking forward to your posts! :)

bangkokbestdining and uggboy like this.