Behind the Scenes: How Boeing Delivered Air New Zealand’s First 777-300ER

Discussion in 'Air New Zealand | Airpoints' started by wijomas, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. wijomas
    Original Member

wijomas Gold Member

Status Points:
    A fantastic article by David Parker Brown at Airline Reporter:

Air New Zealand's first Boeing 777-300ER was recently delivered to the airline, then flown to Los Angeles before heading to Auckland. Being able to show off the new interior was quite exciting. This was a huge deal for Air New Zealand, Boeing and airline geeks around the world. Boeing and Air New Zealand worked hard to make sure the hand over was not a small celebration and I wanted to share what happens behind-the-scenes on a VIP aircraft delivery.

The event really started the day before the delivery. Boeing employees, Air New Zealand guests, the media and other VIP's were invited to take a special tour of the Boeing factory and attend a celebratory dinner. Due to scheduling I had to choose to either take a tour of the factory (which I have done quite a bit previously) or take a ride down to LAX on the new plane. Needless to say, I didn't make the tour...

ArizonaGuy, eightblack and yankiwi like this.
  2. Mrp Alert

Mrp Alert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tell us more....

3. Bundy Bear
    Original Member

Bundy Bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think Wijomas made the tour, the thread is a link to a story of someone who was on the delivery flight.

Thanks for the link.