Bed Bug Registry

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by PhlyingRPh, Oct 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    OceanBreezes likes this.
  2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have consulted it.

PhlyingRPh likes this.
  3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    yes indeed. Single biggest reason I dont go to vegas anymore

hulagrrl210 and PhlyingRPh like this.
  4. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Having scanned the site, I'm now rethinking my Manhattan hotel preferences after reading about what I've been sleeping with.

5. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Once a property is listed on this web site, it will never be deleted. Even if the property has taken action to solve the problem. I live in Vancouver, and our condo is listed as well as most other condo's and apartments in Vancouver. We contacted the site owner and was told that it would not be removed. The more properties listed the better for them, as they make their money from the advertising on that web site, more is better than less for them. Truth and honesty does not win out.

OY-JFS and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  6. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for that information.

7. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use it as a check point for hotel selection but take into account # of recent reports & property responses. Certain cities have major problems so you should always check...esp in Vegas & NYC. High end properties will take steps to rid the BB's but they are tough to eradicate, without spending a lot of time & money. Tossing bedding isn't the solution as they can live in carpeting, wood & luggage racks & can be dormant for 6 months! No matter where I stay, I ALWAYS PULL BACK THE SHEETS AT THE HEADBOARD AREA & CHECK. Bringing those critters home is something you want to avoid at all costs!

If uncertain, call hotel & ask if they have had any recent reports & what their policy is (do they just move you down the hall or what.)

8. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    i always put my bags into the bath tub. away from any carpet or other "fiber" material. you're right, once you bring them home, its a far bigger problem.

OceanBreezes, Travelsavant and sfo1 like this.
  9. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Never thought of that idea, but it is certainly a good one, now if I only remember to take them out of the bathtub B 4 I shower:D

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  10. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems that almost every hotel I've ever been to is on the list. I've never been bitten by a bed bug that I'm aware of.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  11. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had not considered the tub:D I put mine on hard surface areas, be it in the entry (marble tile floor) or granite counter tops & if neither of those options available & whole room is carpeted, in the bathroom. So far, no problems but I'm pretty vigilant: better to be overly cautious than horribly sorry!

12. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was not sure what they look like so I googled them. Yuck! I have traveled alot and I guess I am lucky I have never experienced bed bugs that I know of. The pictures I saw are magnified. Can they be seen with the naked eye very easily?