Becoming Disloyal: 6 Reasons to Quit a Loyalty Program

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by sobore, Oct 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal...g-disloyal-6-reasons-to-quit-loyalty-program/

Reward programs have covertly taken over America's key rings, eaten up prime real estate in consumers' wallets and spammed inboxes. They offer countless "deals," but at some point, your loyalty may cost you too much time and headache to be worthwhile.

The average American household belongs to 22 loyalty programs[​IMG] and actively participates in 10, according to Colloquy, a firm specializing in loyalty marketing. That's a lot of loyalty, but is it going both ways?

Here are six ways to tell when your loyalty program isn't working for you.

Read More: http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal...g-disloyal-6-reasons-to-quit-loyalty-program/

2. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    #4. When this happens, I think of just living the easy life like the olden days - staying anywhere and flying whoever, and using just 1 credit card for everything: Capital one Venture card.

But at the end of the day, no matter how bad they change or devaluate, I know I already sold my soul to one of these programs and frequent flyer death will come after me if I quit.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  3. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    But the Capital one Venture card didn't exist in the olden days? :)

eponymous_coward and SuperKirby like this.
  4. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    very true...soo umm...using the old, old Amex that weren't even made of plastic yet. I dont even know it's benies...

bigx0 likes this.