'Becoming a Singapore Girl' - CNN

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by SQuealer, Apr 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. SQuealer

SQuealer Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am glad these girls exist and do their job so well. It makes flying on SQ a pleasure. I wouldn't really call them sexy either, but more like being pleasant to interact with and that's why I like them.

SQuealer and General_Flyer like this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Devil is in the details. I agree that the "average" SQ Girl is not sexy, but that's because my type of woman is clearly more European. Back in the days when I flew SQ very often, there were very few European Girls in SQ uniform... but they were some of the "hottest" FA's in the skies. European blood and SQ uniform is one dangerous mix..... :eek: :oops:

General_Flyer likes this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I find the 'Singapore Girl' to be extremely "sexy", especially when after falling asleep in C or F, I wake up to find a blanket delicately placed over me so that I would not get cold. That is "sexy", which is not just about the looks...Then again, I have a chronic case of "Yellow Fever" so that my objectivity in the matter can be legitimately questioned.:)

Gaucho, edekba and General_Flyer like this.
  5. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    There must be something special about SQ Girls. A had a friend who long-distance-dated one for almost two years.

SQuealer likes this.
  6. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just wrapped up a trip with 6 segments in SQ C and definitely appreciate the attention to training as the demeanor and service levels across all 6 flights was good and fairly consistent. A smile can go a long way to improving experience.

What the individual says about customer preference definitely rings true in my book and something that operators in the US and for that matter across the Western world could improve on.

SQuealer likes this.
  7. SQuealer

SQuealer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a tiny 'correction' here re: EUROPEAN GIRLS in SQ Uniform.

They were Eurasians (Euro+Asian mix) and definitely Singapore or Malaysian citizens.
    I do agree however, that some of them were more 'Euro' looking :)

SQ will NEVER hire anyone from the Euro continent. It's primarily an Asian airline.