Beach/Tiki Bars in Florida

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by Muerz, Jun 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Muerz

Muerz Active Member

Status Points:
    When I last went to the Florida Keys, I stopped in Marathon and found a superb Bar/Restaurant right before the Seven-Mile-Bridge. It had nice food, good drinks, a wonderful view of the bridge and rather cheap prices. In short, a wonderful place to spend an evening.
    Now what other memorable places like this one do you guys know in Florida? I'm preferably looking for the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Fort Myers/Naples, Tampa/St.Pete and Daytona/New Smyrna Beach/Cocoa Beach areas.

uggboy likes this.
  2. PSUhorty
    Original Member

PSUhorty Silver Member

Status Points:
    One of my favorites is in Cocoa Beach. This Tiki bar sits at the end of the Cocoa Beach pier. I've spent several relaxing afternoons at the bar simply enjoying my beer, a book, the breeze, and watching the surfers beneath me. Of course, I would eventually succumb to the beer and forget about the book, drink a few more, and strike up convo w/whomever.

As far as Ft. Lauderdale goes, there really aren't any ON the beach as A1A runs right along the beach. Yes, there are bars right across the street, most w/outdoor seating, but are not your prototypical Tiki Bar. With that said, love Ft. Lauderdale and some of those bars. There is Coconuts right on the intracoastal waterway in Ft. Lauderdale with a nice outdoor bar, but still not your typical Tiki Bar.