Beach House Maldives

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by YBJFK, Jul 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. YBJFK

YBJFK Active Member

Status Points:
    I did not see a thread about this amazing recent addition to the Hilton catalogue of properties. What I like about this property, is that the standard room is a OTWB. I am just about to complete a mattress run so that I can be Diamond when I head here next year. I was just wondering if anyone has any experiences that they can share. Thanks.

Casey Friday, jmrich1432 and uggboy like this.
  2. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    What are the benefits of being Diamond when staying there? (I'm also saving up for a stay there.)

uggboy likes this.
  3. YBJFK

YBJFK Active Member

Status Points:
    The biggest benefit too me is the free breakfast. Hilton allows you two choices if you are a diamond at this property, in fact at each of the properties in the Maldives. One is cocktails and the other one is breakfast. A big breakfast and a power bar around lunch time and I am good until a nice relaxing dinner. However, if you are not a diamond you must pay for breakfast, which can add up quick. Here is the official link!

Good luck Casey, if you go before me please let me know how it is. Also, I plan on going during off peak which makes it 50K a night instead of 80K, but if you stay 4 or more days you get 10% off so instead of 200K it is only 180K, every little bit helps right?

uggboy likes this.
  4. Bigcountry
    Original Member

Bigcountry Silver Member

Status Points:
    We stayed at Rangali Island this past March and the free breakfast was a HUGE savings. It was the biggest breakfast spread I've ever seen.

uggboy likes this.
  5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I too liked this aspect, but I'm leery with the tiered introduction, I could easily see differing categories of OTWBs, but I'll remain optimistic that a standard award redemption should be 'easy' to get.

I did notice from the Beach House website www.beachhousemaldives.com that one needs to fly via seaplane to get to the resort. IIRC, those flights are ~$450-500 per person. Also to note about arrivals into Male: Guests arriving in Male on an international flight after 15:00hrs will require overnight accommodation in Male and will be transferred the following day to the resort. Guests departing Male on an international flight earlier than 9:30hrs will need to be transferred the previous day in order to be at the international airport on time.

Even with an award stay picking up the cost of the room, I have to imagine that food & beverage would add up pretty quick. IIRC one can't fly into the Maldives with any booze so that shoots bringing a bottle or two along.

Mrs Sweet Willie has been jonesen to go to an OTWB for quite awhile now, I'll have to suck it up & pay the price at some point to go, after all "Happy Wife, Happy Life"

kirkpd and YBJFK like this.