be forwarned: because of 1. GREED and 2. Mother Nature the aircartel may leave you stranded

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ahappyelite, Jan 1, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    A serious topic: the seeming increase in passenger strandings by the airlines. Because they are colluding to restrict competition and seat availability, if you were stranded by them this past week at O'Hare, it is possible that you would not reach your destination until two or three days later (with the so called LCC's possibly not at all.) If you are unfortunate enough to get hit by "weather" whatever the airlines want to make that, then even flying three days ahead of when you need to be somewhere might not be enough. (Ironically, two days before might be if the weather is cleared by then.) Another byproduct of the hedgeund/privateequityization of America: if you are flying anywhere, especially in winter, better have a plan B and plan C also. And if the regulators weren't pitifully toothless/in the tank they would immediately issue a warning about this, especially about LCC's which are completely unreliable and the majors trying to get there and KEEP A MONTHLY SCORECARD CALLED PASSENGERS LEFT STRANDED/NUMBER OF DAYS BY EACH AIRLINE
    And United has a presence here I think, tell us how many people you left stranded and for how long this week at ORD. Or do they only do p.r. about their new trail mix at trail mix time promotion

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  2. Mrp Alert

Mrp Alert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have travel insurance through my credit card. They handle my reroutes quite well.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

3. ahappyelite

Status Points:
    please let us know what credit card company can get you rerouted when there are no seats to where you are going for two or three days?

4. Mrp Alert

Mrp Alert Silver Member

Status Points:
    With the proper elite status, full fare tickets are not an issue.
    https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/eliteStatus/elite-benefits-chart.jsp
    http://www.delta.com/content/www/en...gram/medallion-benefits/skyteam-benefits.html
    https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/premier/services.aspx

Sent from my iPhone 6 using TapatalkU

5. ahappyelite

Status Points:
    no matter what your status, and your annual spend, the interests of the cartel are paramount. There they were last week, top tiers and backpackers all left by the wayside as the airlines aggressively and self interestedly cancelled flights in unison. For a tiny number of the highest spenders and status people, they may be able to cut lines the next day or the day after the cartel's paralysis. But because profit is key and like everyone else elites have no real choices to take their business elsewhere (general aviation?), when the airlines decide your not going, you are not. That means increasingly, you can't be sure whether plans made well in advance can be carried out, the weather is one reason, unbridled greed and the continuing voyage to the bottom of American aviation is the other. There would be many more seats and options if the cartel was unravelled, but Congress and the Obama Administration decided that the most important thing for this heavily tax supported public utility is to allow them to make billions in profits. The speculators(campaign bundlers) think that United, a dreadful botch, will make them a 40% return in the next 12 months, as there is lots of money when you 1. Strip out everything that is remotely civilized about air travel and 2. Have government officials and regulators in your pocket. Talk about Putin's Russia/