Be aware flying China Southern domestic and collecting on KL/AF

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by Thomask, Oct 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Every time I fly CZ (China Southern) domestically in China the miles/points do NOT get credited. I inserted the FF# at time of reservation into booking, I do check at the gate that the FF# is printed on boarding pass but STILL they do not get automatically posted to my KL account. Other family members taking same flight but collecting on DE or KE get the points automatically credited. Every time I have to contact KL/AF and go through the lengthily process of doing it manually. I have to attach e-ticket and boarding pass. Believe it, every time they say in the generic e-mail reply that I should insert my number into booking at time of reservation and show card at check-in. The partnership CZ-KL is NOT working in Mainland China. NO problems with flying CA (Air China) and collecting on UA.

Kalboz likes this.
  2. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was trying to credit to Delta and finally gave up hoping anything would ever credit..

Kalboz likes this.
  3. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Twice in 2013 my daughter flew China Southern domestic and credited to Delta account and that worked both times automatically. If your experience is different it might depend on airport you are leaving from. They always give the Sky team "Elite sticker" but are no elite when it comes to crediting your miles.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Still the same situation. In rare instances domestic flights with China Southern will post to my FD account. Most the time they will not and one has to go through the lengthily and complicated process to claim missing miles. (it will take at least 10 min) The KLM-China Southern partnership stinks. Skyteam when will you become a true TEAM?

5. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup.

My domestic flights never credited to DL. Actually, one segment did but the other one didn't. I don't bother anymore.