Battlefield UG's Not Processed Yesterday (2/27) CO1831

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by theBOAT, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    FYI, not sure what happened with the GA's yesterday in Palm Beach, but our flight from PBI to IAH went out with 4 empty seats in F, while the upgrade standby list was 10 people deep. I received my EUA 2 days out (1st this year!), and my wife's gold-companion upgrade cleared during boarding pass scan (she was #2 on the list, and boy do I love that beep-beep sound!).

As we were inching closer to pushback time, both the FA's and I noticed that there were 4 seats still available and they mentioned it to the GA. However, no one on the list was processed for the battlefield upgrade. If I were #'s 1-4 on that list, boy would I be pissed!

I took screen captures of my iPhone on the PDA site, just in case anyone on that flight yesterday reads this site and wants to write a complaint letter to CO (UA). Overall, I have to say it was a lovely flight on a new 737-900.

theBOAT

2. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Ouch is right. It doesn't sound like it, but was the boarding process started late? The only time I've ever seen a flight go out with an empty F seat (after UDU) was a flight where the inbound was late, and all the GA was trying to do was get the flight out on time. Not a great excuse, but not surprising given the push for on-time percentage.

3. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, we started right on time, and departed right on time for the 6:20 am departure. I really couldn't figure out why this happened. The PDA site is still showing 16/20 for F on the flight.

theBOAT

4. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I would definitely write in to CO with the details and see what they say!