Base points miscalculated

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by jfhscott, Mar 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, Sunday night stayed at the Logan Hyatt, and Monday at the Boston Financial District Hyatt.

Both rates were on the $158 gov't rate. My only incidentals were diamond Breakfast, which got removed. Taxes were also removed as I was on official government travel and presented suitable documentation. Base points theoretically should have been 790 (5 times 158)

I got 762 and 758 respectively. I would never have detected the shortage if otherwise identical stays were not next to one another. What gives? Did backing out the taxes and breakfast somehow impact the $158 base upon which the base miles were calculated? The algorithm seems straightforward, and I do not know how it can get done incorrectly. Its just odd to me.

And no, I'm not going to take my and customer service's time to correct so minor a shortage.

perryplatypus, Toula and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    As every point is precious IMHO, I would hunt down every single one, when deserved, like in your case!

perryplatypus and Toula like this.
  3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    FWIW, I know it's not a lot of points. But, Hyatt is very good about resolving such matters (if not so great at getting things to post accurately the first time). It's probably a quick call to resolve.

4. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear jfhscott,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I have corrected the stays to the correct base points and we are investigating why this happened. Please let us know if you should have any other issues, and we will be happy to correct your stays.

Happy and Safe Travels,

Dana M.

jfhscott, perryplatypus and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, but I assure you, for 60 points, Gold Passport's labor burden was completely unnecessary. As I have indicated before, your excellent customer services far more than cover the shortcomings of your IT system (which seems to be improving). I never had any intention of putting your customer services to any trouble over this.

And please have my assurances that (1) I will continue to use each property (Hyatt Logan is my favorite airport hotel - I especially enjoy a summertime Diamond breakfast outside, looking out over the harbor to the BOS skyline, followed by a watertaxi ride to downtown - a great way to start a day on the road!), and (2) my post is intended to identify a "problem" which might at times have more consequential effects on others.

6. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    I absolutely agree. Their customer service is top notch, and I am certain they would handle it with alacrity. But I will not, and hope others would not, trouble them over 60 or so points.

peteropny likes this.
  7. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    While I can't figure out why Hyatt's computers can't do base rate x 5 for number of base points, I agree with this sentiment totally, I don't bother contacting Customer Service (or my Private Line Agent) until the point shortage is in the 100s.